more detail explanation with video/picture using effects

taldag

Please help me understand "effects" in Videopad

When I attempt to use. set up effects I don t understan how does it works.

For example I want that some picteru moves on my video. this is option the "move" I atempt to use it 100 times and without result

Hi taldag

When you add Video clips or Image clips to the timeline each one will appear with an  FX in a box at the left end. This allows you to add an effect to the clip/image  in question.

Click it to open an effects window....

aa.jpg

Click the Large green + at the top left to open the list of effects available.. Some are shown here...

bb.jpg

You want to be able to "Move" your clip. Simple movements are best produced by changing the Position of your image as the clip plays and involves the use of Keyframes. So select the Position effect from the list...

cc.jpg

This places the Horizontal and Vertical position controls  in the left hand panel of the Effects window. You should also notice that the Clip Preview window shows the frame outlined with a white dotted line.

The image in the Clip preview window can now be dragged to different positions.The relative Horizontal and Vertical values will be updated in the effects window as you do this.

As a simple example I'll explain how to move the image to the right a short distance and then diagonally down to the right lower corner.

To do this you will need to create keyframes.  The position of the image will move smoothly between each keyframe that you create. Timing of the keyframes is set by the cursor position in the Clip Preview window or the graph side of the effects window.

So we need to set the initial position of the image.......

• Slide the red cursor line to the left end of the graph. (or the clip preview cursor line to the start of the clip....They are both linked so they will move together.)
  • Click the keyframe button. This is the first button over the graph side...a small green + with a red vertical line....

dd.jpg

This creates a keyframe setting up the initial position of the image. A graph line will appear with markers showing where the values have been fixed.

• Move the red cursor line along the graph to a new position in time. In this example where you want the movement to the right to finish.(Say, around half way through the clip)
  • Grab the image in the Clip preview window and drag it to the new position. (To the right in this example). You will see the Horizontal values change and the corresponding graph line move up as the value increases. Drop the image about half across the frame.
  • Click the small green + again to create a new keyframe. (The markers appear by default anyway.)

ee.jpg

• Move the red cursor line to the far right. (The end of the clip)
  • Grab and move the Clip preview image diagonally down to the right (in this example) The graph lines show the changes in image movement. Just leave the corner showing in the frame.
  • Create a final keyframe. (VP may do this automatically) Your screen should now look something like this... Note the Clip Preview image dragged down to the bottom right.

ff.jpg

• Close the Effects window and play the clip. You should see your image move from keyframe1 position (The start) across to the right  and then when keyframe 2 position is reached it will move diagonally down to keyframe3 position.

Remember YOU set those positions and you can have as many as you like. By using more keyframes at different points along the clip and moving the image to new positions before making these keyframes you can animate many types of simple movements. More complex motion like rotation, curves etc can be set up with different effects.(Pan/Zoom/Rotate/Motion etc) and all use keyframes set up as shown above. This example only uses one effect (Position) but remember you can add more effects to the clip by clicking the Green + and choosing more.

Experiment with a single clip and effect to delve into the possibilities.Try other effects as well

Hope this helps

Nat