Respect ... BUT

michael_DK

I have worked since 2014 with Camtasia Studio and have paid some hundred USD. I have respect for your work, but I find it very hard to understand 'add effect'. It seems very primitive way for the coder and very odd for the user. I have tested Zoom. I have seen the video, but I cannot figure out how to add an effect at one time and make it stop at another time. It is VERY complictated compare with Camtasia and probably other software.

I see the timeline in the popup window - It took me some time to see that. I want some symbols ON the media on the timeline. I want to be able to drag them on the media etc. If I understand it correct. Your User Interface is too odd and you can NOT attract buyers with this.

PS I use the paid version.

Hi Michael

".... but I cannot figure out how to add an effect at one time and make it stop at another time.... "

Assuming you have a single clip on the timeline, the SIMPLEST way would be...

• Split the clip where you want the effect to start
  • Split the clip where you want the effect to end
  • Apply the effect to the central portion. (Click the FX for the portion. Click green + and choose effect.

However you may not want to split the clip at all,  so in order to add an effect that starts and stops at different points within the clip do this...

e.g. Using the zoom effect..

• Click the FX for the clip
  • Move the red cursor line to the start of the clip. (Either the Clip Preview cursor line or the Graph effect cursor line....They are both linked.
  • Click the large green + and select the Zoom effect. The Zoom area will appear on the clip preview window and will be full screen. At this point there is no actual zoom as it it full screen..
  • Create a keyframe (KF1)  by clicking the small green+ with the red line above the graph screen.
  • Move the cursor line (either of them) along the clip to the point where you want the effect to start.
  • Create another keyframe (KF2)
  • Move the cursor line (either of them) along the clip to the point where the effect is to stop.
  • Adjust the parameters of the effect (For zoom one might set the AR by clicking the Restraint box and choosing a value and would then drag the corners/sides or the whole rectangle to resize it and re-position it by dragging to create a final zoomed in area.
  • Create another keyframe (KF3) to fix these values. From this point nothing is to change so....
  • Move the cursor line (either of them) along the clip to the far right (the end of the clip) and...
  • Create a final key frame (KF4)

Your effect window should now look something like this.....

aa.jpg

aaa.jpg

Between KF1  (Clip start) and KF2 the effect parameters do not change. So there is No zoom.

Between KF2 and KF3  the image zooms smoothly from the original parameters to the ones you have set up..

Between KF3 and KF4 (End of clip) The image remains zoomed in with the same parameters up to the end of the clip.

You have used the keyframes to mark the points in the clip where effects are started/stopped or altered.

You can use keyframes with the majority of the effects and is an easy way to animate certain effects. Where you decide to place the keyframes for the timings is up to you. If positions/values are not correct you can grab and move the keyframe markers on the graph.

Try a few examples ..It's easier than you might think.

Nat