Sounds Distorts While Using Foot Pedal

edj

I have a macbook pro and the lastest OSX version of Express Scribe.

I am using the VPE footpedal.

After I am transcribing for a while, from a few minutes on, the sound progressively distorts. When I restart Espress Scribe the distortion stops .... for a while.

Would appreciate any help.

Ed

I have a macbook pro and the lastest OSX version of Express Scribe.

I am using the VPE footpedal.

After I am transcribing for a while, from a few minutes on, the sound progressively distorts. When I restart Espress Scribe the distortion stops .... for a while.

Would appreciate any help.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, same distortion problem running OS X 10.4.6 and Express Scribe 4.03. Seems to me that somewhere on this board I've found more posts on this topic. Anyone found a solution other than restarting Express Scribe all the time? Would appreciate any help.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, same distortion problem running OS X 10.4.6 and Express Scribe 4.03. Seems to me that somewhere on this board I've found more posts on this topic. Anyone found a solution other than restarting Express Scribe all the time? Would appreciate any help.

I have written to NCH technical support a couple of times last month on this issue and got no reply and I have purchased tech support!

Maybe there is another solution and I should return this foot pedal. Any thoughts appreciated.

Our firm has had precisely the same problem. The machine that is having the problem is running Tiger. I am going to have the secretary disconnect the foot pedal and use the keyboard for awhile and see what happens

I am also told the mouse begins to operate in a jerky fashion

• 1 month later...

Just something to try from my experience... you may want to go to the "settings" on express scribe and change the mode from "increasing speed' to constant speed. I've had several people have trouble w/this type of thing in my line of work, and generally this seems to resolve the issue.

Hope it works!

Traci

• 3 weeks later...

I've had the same problem. Checked again, and my speed is set at constant, so that doesn't seem to help.

Repro: Mac PB 15" 1.67 GHz PowerPC G4, 1GB RAM, OS X 10.4.7, Infinity USB-1 footpedal.

It's a real problem. Apparently no one from NCH actually monitors this forum?

-Gabe

London