audio editing at the clip level too cumbersome

ddevers

I come from an audio mixing background. If the audio editing function in videopad worked as seamlessly as MixPad and all other "Audio editors" , at track level, there would be no problem and all the work arounds unnecessary.

I'm currently trying to add sound effects to a 30 second cartoon. Running and laughing from left to right, back to front, far to near is too much for this program.

Suggestions?

I just started, great software for free, BUT so far I am having troubles editing the audio. Once I had Wavepad opened, but HOW I did it, I do not remember. I have found out about right click and Save Audio as new File and THEN I right click upper left on the newly created audio file and now I can go Open File With -> Wave Pad Audio Editor and then ...

Right-click the audio track on the timeline.  There should be an Edit With Wavepad choice.

Be aware that some features in the 'free' version will be disabled after a trial period.  Consider purchasing and registering VP, which is discounted by 50% at this time.

I have now 2 video files with audio. The first one I did UNLINK the audio, because I thought that was necessary to edit the audio file. I added a second videofile and with this one I did NOT unlink the audio file. With this second one I can right click the audio file and select Edit with Waveform. Heureka !