FYI: Version 8 broke several key features

travelingrae

I'm so tired of how much money I give these people for increasingly buggy and featureless software with zero customer service.

I was experiencing a bug with the second to last version where sound would suddenly start playing in only one ear. I confirmed that this was an ES issue rather than an equipment one. I submitted a bug report and was advised through a form letter to update to version 8, which I did.

Version 8 broke "copy time," a feature that saves me a lot of time. I have it programmed correctly and it doesn't copy the time.

Very likely related to that is that "copy/paste" into the notes field is now disabled! This has completely interrupted my workflow. I use that field to input the due date for jobs (since the actual due date column has never worked) so I can sort by priority. I also put in all job info so I don't have to refer back to emails and keep things in one place. And I can't even copy the name of the audio file to paste it into the "save as" field for my documents.

And I still have the audio in one ear bug.

Is there a Mac software developer out there interested in taking us under their wing and creating for us a truly professional-grade transcription app that lets us type into Word while controlling the audio with a foot pedal? I'll invest what I can into the project!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 2:38 AM, djb21au said:

Not being able to paste into the Notes field is a pretty basic flaw. At my end I can see copy time under Notes > Copy to Clipboard > Time (Cmd + T)

My problem is incredibly noisy audio when importing otherwise perfectly clean M4A files.

Just installed version 8 and having the same problem with m4a files.

Hello,  

It seems the last few versions of the program will only allow you to actually copy the time stamp to the clipboard, you will then need to press ¨Command + V ¨ to actually paste the timestamp.

Regarding the issues you guys are having with the M4A files I will recommend you create a support ticket for NCH Technical support and see if they can assist you with that. You can create the ticket here:

https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html 

Goodluck!

• 1 month later...