Difficulty installing VST

BertrandB

Hello, I am currently discovering Mixpad (evaluation version). I have trouble loading VST plugins: some vst plugins are installed and are visible in "VST Effects" of mixpad. But most VSTs (downloaded from the NCH website) are not visible during refresh. Would anyone know why? Is the evaluation version limited? I will wish to solve these problems before buy the commercial version. Thanks for your help.
Bertrand

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have downloaded your Mixpad Multitrack Recording software for evaluation and I am interfaced through a Tascam US-122L Audio/Midi interface. My vocals and guitar, record ok through the software but, my midi keyboard is not. Prior to buying any software, I would like to know that everything is functional. How can I test this if I must have VSTi's to make the midi keyboard function? 

Thank you in advance for any help!

• 3 months later...

Hi folks,

I have mixpad  v5.23 master, but don't succeed in installing vst instruments.

I have many dlls in the vstplugin directories, but i don't see any instruments or even effects.

Maybe I have plugins that are not compatible with mixpad?

where is the website with a list of compatible vst instruments on the nch web?

Kind regards, Olaf

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Why won't anyone answer this question?

I have many VST's and am familiar with many DAWS, but I can't figure out how to add a VST instrument either.
Every time I click on it, I get "No VST SELECTED" and an empty list.
But I don't see any way to add locations or rescan VST's (if they were ever scanned in the first place.)

Please, somebody, help!

To add a VST effect to one of your tracks, click the Fx button in the track control panel on the left of the track. In the left hand panel of the dialog that opens you should see a sub-heading VST Effects. Any valid VST plugins you have installed will be listed underneath this sub-heading. If there are no items listed here, it means that you either do not have any VST plugins installed, or you have not configured your VST plugin path. You must tell MixPad where to look for your VST plugins. You can do this by going to the VSTs tab of MixPad's Options dialog.

To add MIDI playback or monitoring to a track, open the track options dialog by clicking on the small spanner icon on the track controls. In the dialog that opens you should see a MIDI Playback Options option group. Select the radio button that says "Play MIDI using VST instrument" and then select which instrument you would like to use.

Edited by n1x1

On 2/6/2024 at 5:56 PM, n1x1 said:

To add a VST effect to one of your tracks, click the Fx button in the track control panel on the left of the track. In the left hand panel of the dialog that opens you should see a sub-heading VST Effects. Any valid VST plugins you have installed will be listed underneath this sub-heading. If there are no items listed here, it means that you either do not have any VST plugins installed, or you have not configured your VST plugin path. You must tell MixPad where to look for your VST plugins. You can do this by going to the VSTs tab of MixPad's Options dialog. https://eldfall-chronicles.com/product-category/miniatures/class/mage/

To add MIDI playback or monitoring to a track, open the track options dialog by clicking on the small spanner icon on the track controls. In the dialog that opens you should see a MIDI Playback Options option group. Select the radio button that says "Play MIDI using VST instrument" and then select which instrument you would like to use. https://www.viberate.com/music-analytics/stats-for-spotify/

this really indeed helpful