Why is VideoPad immediately taking my DAT files??

Nico123o

Good morning! My name is Nico, I am in love with VideoPad and I use it for my youtube videos.

I play lot's of video games, and I was recently playing a game called FiveM. I wanted to download a mod to fix some lighting textures, and it happened to be a DAT file. For some reason, VideoPad takes that file and makes it it's own DAT file when it's very separate from VideoPad... Someone who downloaded this before I did says it's not supposed to go straight to VideoPad.

Please help!

In Windows 10, the DAT extension is associated with VP.  Can't say why.  That means that VP will launch when the DAT file is clicked.

Still, you should be able to install the DAT file mod from within the gaming app itself.   Open the game and look for a FILE menu|open file option.  Then open the DAT from there.

Hi

.dat files are also associated with VP 6.10 in Vista.

You can edit the registry ...:unsure:

Or you can simply  right click on any DAT file and open the Properties dialogue window  You should see it is set to open with VP. ...Click the Modify button and either choose one of the defaults like Word or Notepad instead of VP or browse to another text program. .dat files should then open in the program you choose.

Nat