Gaps for select multiple - change clip speed

BrianGGG

Hello.  I see similar posts on this, but not exactly the answer I'm looking for.

I have this recurring problem where I try to change the clip speed of multiple tracks at the same time.
I choose the tracks that I want to change, and then right click and change clip speed.  This works fine, but ...

This creates gaps in between the clips for the time that was lost when the speed is faster (e.g. if I go from 100% to 125% the clip time will be less).
This is not what I want, so I end up manually closing the gap on all of the clips.  My questions here are:

Is there any way to stop the behavior of creating the gaps and just shorten the time from the increased speed?
Is there any way to close ALL of the gaps on a track at the same time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BrianGGG

Hi

What version are you using? With VP 6.10 if you right click a single clip and change the speed to more than 100% then the clip shortens as expected but the gap automatically closes. 

If  you select a group of clips (consecutive clips) using Click first and last with Shift and then increase the speed, all the clips or reduced in length without gaps.

If you group multiple clips and change the speed of the group then each clip is shortened leaving gaps.

Not sure if there is a way to remove multiple gaps apart from one at a time.

Nat

Thanks for this answer.  
However, I'm not sure that I see the above behavior under all circumstances.

I am on 6.1 VideoPad.

If I shorten a clip when there is no Audio track, the above is correct.  There is no gap.
However, if there is an audio track, if I select a clip and increase the clip speed, a gap is created (the same is true of multiple).

Can I do something without gaps when an audio track is present?

thanks,

BrianGGG

When a speed increase is applied to a linked clip, there will be no gap, but both audio and video will be sped up.

If they are not linked, sped-up video will leave a gap, with audio unchanged.

One approach would be to add the audio track after video speed changes have been made.

Thanks for letting me know.  I can temporarily remove my audio track to make these changes if necessary. 

This is inconvenient but workable.  A Close All Gaps function would solve lots of problems in this area.

BRianGGG