Foot Pedal

penny corbin

I am a transcriptionist, and I need all the help I can get, hearing the audio files I receive. The best audio editor anywhere is this Wave Pad. Please, please tech folks, put the foot pedal ability in the Wave Pad. Others, also, using Wave Pad, may actually need to click between windows for any number of reasons. No foot pedal ability is slowing us all down.  Thank you! 

Just now, penny corbin said:

I am a transcriptionist, and I need all the help I can get, hearing the audio files I receive. The best audio editor anywhere is this Wave Pad. Please, please tech folks, put the foot pedal ability in the Wave Pad. Others, also, using Wave Pad, may actually need to click between windows for any number of reasons. No foot pedal ability is slowing us all down.  Thank you! 

Oh, forgot. I have purchased Express Scribe. It does not compare with Wave Pad in tweaking a poor audio.  :) 

• 1 year later...

Did you ever get a response to your question?  I sure would like to know the answer to this.

I'm in the exact same predicament and after an hour of researching all the WavePad contents (with NO search tool, by the way), I came to the conclusion that they don't have foot pedal capability, which is a HUGE bummer.  As much as I like this software, I may have to start searching for one that allows adding the foot pedal.

• 2 years later...

I too wish NCH would have a foot pedal for WavePad.  However, for now, this is what I'm doing about the foot pedal situation.  I too have Express Scribe and use it for my transcripts.  I like the WavePad editor for bad audios.  So I edit on WavePad and then save file to a folder and then open it with Express Scribe so I can use my foot pedal.  Hope that helps, Penny, until WavePad will have their own tab for the foot pedal.