No effects in final video

duvivier

Hi.

I would like to understand why the effects such as "video opposite way" (à l'envers en français) or speed 200% that I can see during the working in videopad are not complete after export in .avi. The backward clips are in the right way (I mean, no effect realized) and the accelerate movie stop before the end and a static picture stay a few seconds before the next clip come. I don't know if you'll understand my problem... I'm French and english is not my natural language!

What VP version is being used?  The latest can be downloaded here.

With the project on the time line, click FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT.  Upload ALL the resulting files to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  Make the link public and post it here.  If there are many files, please zip them first, then upload the zip file.  Someone will attempt to recreate the problem

Thank you Borate.

I use an old version (downloaded in nov. 2014), free. Yesterday, as I imagine my problem could be caused by the version of videopad I use, I try to get a new version. But I did'nt succed to get a free version. I'm always back to something to pay when I've finish the video and I want to export it... Is it normal?

I'm always back to something to pay when I've finish the video and I want to export it... Is it normal?

It can be.  The 'free/trial' version has some limitations.  If you upload your video, as described above, someone will check it out with the latest version.

Here is my last try: the link "save as portable projet"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WLnGyHS1igQ_3_p640xWG1rEKtdLqkIM/view?usp=sharing

and the link to the original clip used twice: first at speed 300%, second in reverse position

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DZYbbFR5hJ8YWeBut_qXoDDLF01aZbyO/view?usp=sharing

But it would be easier for me in french...

Thank you very very much. It's really kind of you to take time to do that for me. Now, what must I do if I want to use effects on my video. Must I convert my native video from .MOV to .AVI or anything else? Is there on solution better than the others?

Because, all these last years, I used the same camera, and made videos (underwater diving most of the time) in .AVI as I use free version of VideoPad. But I never put any effect, that's why I never had any problem... I just put transitions when I include pictures.

Last question: when I want to register on the french forum, it answers that my name and mail adress are already used. OK, so, I think "he" knows me. But if I give my name and password, it opens the english forum... I could give an other mail address, but I think there is more easy to do...

Best regards anyway...

Yes, try registering with a different, new name on the French forum.  Perhaps that will succeed??

Your original MOV file DID succeed in exporting the effects here so it's not clear why you did not.  Perhaps upgrading to a newer version will help.

As you know, the 'trial/free' version has limitations that the registered/paid version does not.

Qui, essayez de vous inscrire avec un nouveau nom différent sur le Forum français.  Peut-être que cela va réussir??

Votre fichier MOV d'origine a réussi à exporter les effets ici, donc il n'est pas clair pourquoi vous n'avez pas.  Peut-être la mise à niveau vers une version plus récente aidera.

Comme vous le savez, la version «trial/libre» a des limitations que la version enregistrée/payée n'a pas.

Hi duvivier

Both your files downloaded from google drive OK.  untitled.vpj   and    P4020049.MOV

When it was opened, the .vpj file required two files.......P4020049.MOV and P4020049(1).MOV   so I created a copy. and your project was completely loaded as shown here.....

3cb6a12207fe8d75d2598368625263b3.jpg

The first clip is P4020049.MOV  (21 seconds)  is now 7 seconds on the timeline....(Speed 300%)

The second clip is P4020049(1).MOV (26.5 seconds ????) and is reversed  (I can't explain the clip duration change)

The video exported and played normally in VLC when exported as as an MPEG4  (not H264)

So export as MPEG4.

Nat

Here, only the following scenario resulted in a useful seamless preview and a smoother transition between clips to an exported MOV (H264)...

• 1.  Added original single clip to the time line
  • 2.  Increased its speed to 300% and exported as an MOV (H264)
  • 3.  Set clip speed back to 100% and checked the right-click REVERSE CLIP box
  • 4.  Exported as an MOV (H264)
  • 5.  Replaced the clip on the time line with the two newly exported clips
  • 6.  Exported as LOSSLESS. (Took about one-second)

The result.  Give it 30 seconds to load;  click the play arrow if necessary.  Right-click|SAVE VIDEO AS to download.

Ici, seul le scénario suivant a abouti à une prévisualisation transparente utile et une transition plus fluide entre les clips à un MOV exporté (H264)...

1. Ajout d'un seul clip original à la ligne de temps
    2. a augmenté sa vitesse à 300% et exporté en tant que MOV (H264)
    3. Réglez la vitesse du clip à 100% et vérifiez le bouton droit de la case de Reverse clip
    4. exportés en tant que MOV (H264)
    5. a remplacé l'agrafe sur la ligne de temps avec les deux clips nouvellement exportés
    6. exportés comme Lossless. (a pris environ une seconde)