Help!! Files all collapsed and cant view!

Aluviel

Hello all!

I just spent 3 hours working on a killer mix with lots of sound effects for Halloween. Suddenly all my tracks were expanded and acting weird. I thought.. im going to go back to my original save and start from there... I opened it and suddenly all the sound clips on each of the tracks compacted and I cant even click on them to expand them. Plus when I do try to grab one it moves it from its position and messes the whole thing up. Why did it crunch everything when I opened the file? am I in some kind of special mode for viewing? I tried view out horozontally and it barley zoomed out at all even when I adjusted the number.. Im overwhelmed.

When I save do I export instead? If I have to spend 3 hours tomorrow re building it I will die!

Did you have the .mpdp file, which is the temporary file format in which Mixpad saves the project? What file format did you use to save your project? Whenever you finish your mix, and you are sure is the definite file, we suggest you to select the option to "Export" or "Save File As", select the format and save it.  

Thank you so much for the reply..   Yes I did save it as the Mpdp. Is that why everything is all crunched together? There are Certain sound clips that just Disappeared all together too.   I dont know why everything got so compacted like that. Its a long 3 hour piece so I think Im going to cut it down to an hour with wave pad then work  on it again.

ok well I tried saving, exporting just like you said and when I re opened the file boom everything collapsed : ( I dont feel like I can trust this software. After 3 hours of working on it last night  all the files just suddenly went wacky and I tried the Undo function like 20 times to reverse it...

Hello,  have you tried clicking on the option to expand the track, this option is the arrow pointing to the right, next to the track title, if you click on it the track should expand and show you the waveform for the recording you did.    Here is a screenshot that shows the option I'm referring to https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8W90vqWvt2XZ0IyaVlfOGVaa2s

If this is not what you are reporting then you may want to contact NCH Software support team through this link http://nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html

Thank you Chris!  I took a screen shot Here https://www.pinterest.com/pin/558657528769031235/

I tried the arrow button and it didnt expand the track. I wonder with the trial, if this s some kind of trick to get you to buy the program? 

As you can see or barley see are these micro thin strips below the big giant one which doesnt make any sense..Going on day three fighting with this crap

Homagah at the bottom is a little magnifying glass!! Somehow it got turned all the way down thus shrinking everything! Geesh....... Ok if anyone else ever asks......Dont use view or expand track  Does Nothing... just go to the bottom right and use the magnifier and push it all the way to the max plus.

Now after saving it decides to mute everything or wipe it out.. the sound clip is there, no sound and even windows media player woulnt play the wave.. Screw this.. All these games so you'll be forced to buy the program. There are other ways to get people to buy like Only let them mix 1 hour. To deliberately mess up someones hard work.. not acceptable

Hi,

There are many reasons why this could happen, it depends also on your files and current system status and OS version....

The issues you are reporting could be related to damage or corrupted project files, at this point what I can suggest is to download and install a different version(based on your current OS and license activation date) to re test, start a new project and confirm if the issue persist or not. NCH customers can access the versions data base from here > http://www.oldversiondownload.com/

Do a search(Ctrl + F) for MixPad and look for a date near to your license activation date, download a version different from your current one, install, restart your system and re test.

Best regards,