Sound on and off after recording and playback

dnc0617

Hi,

I just tried using mixpad to record for guitar and bass. I have some questions

1. After I record a track during playback the sound is off and i have to wait for 30-60 seconds before the sound will on again. is this a soundcard problem? Because i cannot hear the sound also from other programs as well.

2. I tried overlaying tracks on the same tracks to correct some missed notes. However, i can still here the tracks underneath. Is there a setting so i can overlay tracks on top of another track and will not hear the track underneath? Or I just have to record on another track and automate part of  the track underneath.

Thank you  

Hello, if the issue happens with other programs or applications then is likely that the issue could be either your soundcard hardware or a driver issue.  You may want to update your computer's sound driver and check if there is any particular steps you take before the issue starts or if this would be random.  Also. the only way to accomplish what you want on Mixpad would be to but and replace the part of the recording since Mixpad does not have an overlay feature as what you are describing.