Masking - Crop question

Shia999

Hi, 

Is it possible to put for example an image of the Mona Lisa, cut out her face out and replace it with my own face while I talk?

If it is, how please, and second, is there a way to soften the edges of the face, like feathering so that it's not too fake?

Also I absolutely do not find pre-made mask shapes. Where are they exactly? I only find a rectangle or do it myself.. I was looking for circels...

Thanks for your help!

Olivia

Hi

Yes you can..

Place your face image or video on the time line (Video Track 1)
Place you Mona Lisa image on the overlay track.(Video Track 2)

Click the FX button present on the Mona Lisa image, and then the second button along the effects window toolbar which is the Polygon Mask button. It looks like a black spot with a green cross.This will place a red  rectangular mask on the Mona Lisa preview image.
Now grab the corners of the rectangle to pull them in to get the general area and then grab the sides on the line to pull them in. Every time you grab the mask outline it creates a new point for you to adjust the shape more closely to what you want. Use as many points as you require to get a good fit around the face. If a point is not right or not wanted then right click on it.
Check the Mask Inside box   It will look a bit like this.......

133d185d3745fb776e752a9e44b93075.jpg

Now add second effect to your Mona Lisa image. Click the Add Effect Green cross and select the Transparency effect. Make it 100% transparent. This will affect just the mask area..the Mona Lisa face. You shoud now see your face image through the Mona Lisa blank face. Use the feather effect to blend the Mona Lisa outlline to suit. (1.0)

As your face may be too small or large or not centred correctly you have now to use the  Scale and Position effects to place your own face suitably in the Mona Lisa face position.

The result will be something like this....

ec831aa507118498820200d3e2d42b4c.png

Sorry about the face!.....Hope this helps

Nat

• 3 weeks later...