No video on MP4 - only audio

Blueshark

Hi! I'm using ver. 4.45. My newly created MP4 movie plays perfectly on my laptop. However, when I copy it to a memory stick and play it on my Sony Blueray DVD player (which has a USB port), there is no video, only audio played back. Other MP4s created from other software or source play without any issue.

I have tried using another memory stick: same result.

I am totally confused. Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Wikipedia notes that "MPEG-4 Part 14 or MP4 is a digital multimedia container format most commonly used to store video and audio,"

Thus, the encoding that VP created, unlike that of the other software, may not be supported by the BR DVD player.

Right-click on a file that plays on the DVD. Click PROPERTIES|DETAILS|VIDEO and see if you can spot the encoding used. Or use this tool.

Then, In VP, export with THAT encoding, or simply test the other choice that's offered when the ENCODING OPTIONS box is clicked.

Also try MPG (DVD standard) file format.

mp4.jpg

Hi Blueshark,

As Borate pointed out, change Compressor(codec) might help.

We'd like to investigate the issue.

Could you please use the tool Broate mentioned (MediaInfo) capture the video encoding settings and post them here? To investigate the problem, we need the information for both playable and non-playable video.

Also could you tell us the model of your Sony Blueray DVD player?