Suggestion for editing keys

rumplestiltskin

Edit Keys Option  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should VideoPad provide a preference to use the "standard keys" for editing?

• Yes, it's important.
    • Not important to me.

In other programs, J-K-L keys mean backward-stop-forward. When playing in either direction, an additional (same) key press increases the speed. Why not provide a setting that permits the use of those keys simply to make it easier (and more familiar to those coming from other apps)?

Additionally, setting the "in" and "out" points in those other apps requires only a press of the "i" and "o" keys. Again, why not simplify things and make VideoPad's behavior consistent with the standards of the industry? This is not a "copyright infringement" as many apps already use these keys.

Thanks

PS - Already sent this suggestion in the prescribed manner but thought a thread here might prompt others to chime in. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm ambivalent regarding this particular suggestion (although keeping to industry standards is always a good idea).

What I'd like changed is the Spacebar (Preview) and CTRL-Spacebar (current clip) stop/start changed!

I'm ambivalent regarding this particular suggestion (although keeping to industry standards is always a good idea).

What I'd like changed is the Spacebar (Preview) and CTRL-Spacebar (current clip) stop/start changed!

How so?