Newbie question...

Sparky054

When I export to disc for play in movie players, (as a BluRay Movie in Compilation), the only copy of the encoded file is that on the disc itself, when the long process is over. May that source, (the burn's disc contents), be dragged into a fresh sequence, in preparation for a re-burn of the same movie without the long encoding time repeated, as in a copy operation for duplication? Like: What's the most efficient duplication procedure for an encoded & burned project? Thanks for the help, friends!

Actually, I have an even larger problem of not getting any success playing many compilation schemes, the failure occurs in a otherwise fully functional Blu-Ray player. Though any data Blu-Ray that fails in the living room plays flawlessly as a data file under the burner drive and locally installed VLC Media Player. I've assured that my LG BD-670 supports "BD-R/RE movies recorded in the BDAV format," and ISO 9660+Joliet, UDF, and UDF Bridge. With an LG player paired with an LG burner, (LG WH16NS40, 16x), I should get compatibility. I see either choppy frame drop or no play at all...(when compiling a "Blue-Ray Movie!" The project is 19 GB when exported to a file I've also assured that the native res' of 1920x1080p, frame rate 29.97, and the H264 codec is specified, as I've tried the following, with no good commercial player results: Will such an ISO be effective towards a Blue-Ray player playback?

• Data burns and exports of .avi, .mov, and .mp4 files. I first exported to a file, and then burned in data disc mode.
  • Any compilation of a "movie" into a .m2ts file in the "STREAM" folder won't play in player, OR within VLC from the burner drive. ""Blur-Ray Movie" mode.

I now have a good master I can't publish, and it happens to be an important wedding video that the majority of viewers shall require good commercial player compatibility, almost no-one has a blue ray drive in the bunch. HELP, I'm fricckin' desperate!!

Is that the ISO file exported by VideoPad does not played well in blu-ray player?

Did you directly burn to the blu-ray disk from VideoPad (Export->Blu-ray Movie Disk)? If so you can't change export settings (codec, frame rate, resolution etc.) since VideoPad would pick the appropriated settings for you which will play well on players.

Hi - Now that's a revelation! The V-Pad "help guide" is woefully inadequate as for informing the user of traps like that, the actual file format that's required for BD, (which I've since learned is restricted to UDF 2.5 or 2.6 only for blue ray), and many other useful and necessary details.

ISO to hard disc,later burned, or "Blue-ray Movie," or "Blue-ray Data Disc" files, created with an mp4-from-sequence file, (which plays well in VLC), all fail in the home player. Mostly massive drop-frame is the result. The only burn success is: making that export mp4, taking care to have the encoder settings conform to BD, (29.97 fps, 1920x1080p, H.264, etc..), then burning that file as a "Data Disc" to Blue-Ray, then playing said mp4 in VLC on my PC. Any direct burn of this in the 2 "Blue-Ray" outputs result in a 10:1 file size reduction to m2ts that won't play anywhere!

My guess is that there are scores of users out there who have authored multitudes of blue-ray discs from V-Pad with equipment and requirements like to mine, and I hope that several might chime in to what works consistently for them. Any and all replies are extremely welcome, and will be consistently checked until I can play a disc in my living room, and I won't fail to post when I'm there, THANKS!

If you choose export to "Blu-ray Movie" and it does played on players that would be something we need to investigate. We'll try reproduce the the problem here and fix it if we find the problem.

If you burn a "Data Disc". It is not a Blu-ray Movie. It will depend on the ability of the player to play other media files - therefore you got inconsistent result on different players.

Exporting to "Blu-ray Movie" was tested here and should work for most players. Would you mind give it a go once more and report back with more details (like how it failed to play)? Try burn to a disk directly instead of an ISO file - so we know if the problem is at somewhere else.

Best Regards,

I sure appreciate your help. Eloy, @ NCH support, had me download Express Burn demo, add the exported mp4 sequence file, (exported to PC data), then burn it under that as a "Video Blue Ray." Though the m2ts stream will open & play from STREAM, (in VLC in the PC on the burner drive), and the folder structure seems OK, the LG BD-670 recognized it as,under it's "Movie" media choice, a data disc, which is how it then listed our source as such in it's disc area of it's menu. When chosen, it reads and reports the disc as "Empty!"

As the player has shown no fault with commercial BD at all in it's low-traffic 4 years, I've tended to not yet doubt it. Many potential recipients of this project may have units of similar age, but I insist on delivering full HD to them, as in the mp4 play I already have. (On a PC).

I'll say what I told them too: I'll send you any files, go to a TeamViewer session, whatever it takes to get my new relatives happy....please!! Don't give up on me just 'cause there's a ticket @ NCH!

Unfortunately some of the key people in this area are currently on holidays for a few weeks. We'll start investigate and solve this issues as soon as they get back.

Please follow this topic as I'll post anything we find here and you'll receive email notifications.

Thanks for your patience.

I appreciate the update! When might we expect such folk available??

Today a different program flagged the fact that I had an SPTD driver on board, and that it can compromise drive performance...It goes in with Daemon Tools, (which I had), and requires a separate exe to extract it, even after an uninstall of D.T. I did so, and am re-trying yesterday's test with Express Burn. I'll report on all channels of a play trial after it's done....

Sure hope a playable disc gets to the Philippines by Christmas!

OMG!! I've done it!!!! Deamon Tools' SPTD driver impaled us! If a different program hadn't flagged the issue to me, who knows how many Seas of Coasters we may have gone through together, scratching our heads! All new installers should be warned of this, and a similar detector in the code for V-Pad could save your crew, and many users, from many useless hours! (Now THERE'S a developer's nugget) If it is, see if you can pitch a key to Express Burn for me! (I'd be quite grateful)!

Please leave this open and refer back to see if I get OK results with the authoring "end" of V-Pad without problems as I attempt to copy and burn good ISOs for BDMV. As that's the program I paid for, let's be sure all is OK while I have your ear, OK?