Text editing

mosslack

Hello all, new to VideoPad, but I have purchased NCH software in the past. Good experience with those, but I am having some difficulty with the video editor.

First, I am using the completely free version of this software (V 4.14). I have previously used programs like Windows Movie Maker and iMovie to edit videos and have been an active member of YouTube for some time now. I have done more advanced editing in the past using programs like Final Cut Pro, but for now I'm just interested in basic stuff.

There in lies my problem. So far I have been unable to edit a text clip I created for an intro I am working on. Tutorials I have read all say there should be a large "T" to click on to edit a text clip, but I have not seen any such item anywhere on my screen. There is a "T" on the text clip in the bin, but clicking it does nothing.

In WMM, it was a simple task to create a title placeholder and edit the text each time I added a new video to that series. I thought most simple editors would allow this, but I am baffled by the lack of this feature. Obviously it is possible, but so far I have been unable to discover the secret. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

This may sound funny, but that box did not appear until just recently. The third test video I made I saw the box and figured it out. Thanks. I'm liking this better now that I'm learning more how to use it. I'm used to WMM so I tried it that way first. Now I see it's better to add and edit the video segments before you add the title and credit screens. I had some problems with artifacts of bits and pieces of the credit screen when I tried to insert a video clip in-between it and the title screen. Took me forever to get rid of it, but I did.