Very easy (not for me) question

seadas

Hi Guys.

I'm very confuse about videopad

maybe there's something that I still not understood

anyway

my question is easy..

We suppose to have a video... long 10 minutes

I would delete some scene for ex from minute 4 and minute 5 and in this way video will be 9 minute...so I would that video be without scene between minute 4 and minute 5

I followeg many tutorial but all this speak about EXTRACT video ..I dont want extrac video...I want only delete some scene

What are simple steps to follow?

I'm using videopad 4.09 on Mac OS

Thanks

Some tutorials are not the best - use your favorite search engine to locate others.

one, for version 3x (4x is very similar).

Also click the ? HELP button at the top-right of the window.

To delete a scene simply position the scrubber (red line) at the start and click the SPLIT icon.

Position the line at the end of the scene and make another SPLIT. Now you have an isolated clip.

Right-click the clip and CUT or RIPPLE. If a hole remains, right-click|CLOSE GAP.

Thanks first of all.

I followed your suggestion but maybe thre's something that I wrong

I did this

with red line I choose my position and click red flag....after this with red line I choose end position and I click Blue Flag.

At this point on timeline right click, Delete, but all!! disappear..all movie is delete :(

Wrong function. The flags under the preview window are primarily used to isolate a portion of a clip, which is then dropped into or reflected on the timeline.

Move the scrubber on the timeline to the start point of the segment that you want to delete, then click the SPLIT button. (It may look slightly different than the one shown here.)

Place the line at the end of the segment you want to excise and click SPLIT once again. Between the two splits - on the timeline - you have just created a separate clip.

NOW right-click on the clip and DELETE it as instructed earlier.

clip.jpg

Hi,

I think this is a good question since it exposed some usability issues in VideoPad.

We are working on a new way to make cutting easier, which you can highlight a section of the video by dragging the red line (instead of the scrubber) and delete it by press the 'delete' button or the 'delete' key.

It's working at the currently version but did not exposed well. We are working on it to make it more intuitive.

Thanks all for the posts,