Minimum size of cached video

daorus

We wanted to decrease chached video size via Tools -> Options -> Display to iconic size, such as

40x30 for 4:3 aspect

50x40 for 5:4 aspect

48x27 for 16:9 aspect

47x20 for 2.35:1 aspect

But for some reason there is a limit of Width x Height > 16384

So now minimal allowed sizes are:

148x111 for 4:3 aspect

145x116 for 5:4 aspect

176x99 for 16:9 aspect

235x100 for 2:35:1 aspect

Why???

Is there possibility to lower cached videosize (for speed of making cached video during editing)??

The minimum limit was for a deprecated feature. We'll get rid of it in the next version.

Thanks for reporting issues.

P.S.: Change the preview size could speed up a bit but I wouldn't expect noticeable difference. Most of the time taken was used by decoding - which mostly depends on the input.

P.S.: Change the preview size could speed up a bit but I wouldn't expect noticeable difference. Most of the time taken was used by decoding - which mostly depends on the input.

Oh, interesting...

If it is really so, the most efficient way for speeding up effects making would be creating "low poly" sources

But unfortunatelly in Videopad there is no opportunity to move (copy/paste) settings...

Maybe there is a hidden feature to make Videopad use not original videos, but copies of videos with resized to low resolution and Videopad would use real source for export only.

What would you recommend??

PS. Frankly speaking, I was thinking that size of preview option is actually is the same option that makes precached videos for operations, but if I understand you right, this option is for output video with applied settings, but source video for application of settings always used from original size... If so, there is a great technical opportunity to make Videopad much more faster, than it is now!!! Just imagine if all applied settings would be applied not for 1920x1080 to 176x99 (preview), but if they would be applied for 176x99 to 176x99, but 1920x1080 would be used for export calculations only. That would give (1920x1080 = 2073600) / (176x99 = 17424) = 120 TIMES FASTER!!! not 120% faster, but 120 times faster!! that is 12000% faster!!!

Maybe there is a hidden feature to make Videopad use not original videos, but copies of videos with resized to low resolution and Videopad would use real source for export only.

This is pretty much what we called "cache"...

This is pretty much what we called "cache"...

Well....

For example, I have.video 1280x720 for 3 seconds and it is 4800 Kb

I convert this video to 160x90 and now it is 370 Kb

I apply some filters, let's say, curves and it is 3rd video 350Kb

Can you pleae explain what is happening in Videopad

When I apply curves, does Videopad parses 4800Kb video or 370Kb video??

So, question is if Videopad cache is one level or full two level cache??

If it is full two level cache, does option for preview size acts for first level of source cache as it works for second level cache of videos with effects applied??

That's a good question.

Yes, I believe effects/transitions are applied to the cache instead of the original video - I don't see any reason not to. I need to confirm this with the other devs though.

In that case, reduce the preview size would speed up caching noticeably if effects/transitions are applied.

That's a good question.

Yes, I believe effects/transitions are applied to the cache instead of the original video - I don't see any reason not to. I need to confirm this with the other devs though.

In that case, reduce the preview size would speed up caching noticeably if effects/transitions are applied.

ok!

have a good summer weeked!!