VOIP Call Forwarding

SquirrelDip

Hello!

I've downloaded and installed IVM v3.05, also using Axon PBX. I've successfully setup a Sipura SPA3000 configured as an FXO. The FXO is configured for two Axon extensions (one for the FXO and one for the FXS), Axon has a line out pointing to the ip:port of the SPA3000 (username User and no password).

IVM is configured with one Axon extension. So far, so good...

I'd like to set up a small office attendant that answers the phone and forwards calls to an entered extension. On failure, it goes to the extensions voice mail.

No matter which setting I use for the transfer the transfer always proceeds as a Blind Transfer and IVM disconnects the call (and the "On Fail" never becomes active).

Is there something I'm missing?? Is this a bug with the current version??

Any help would be appreciated...

• 2 weeks later...

Are you using Axon v1.05? The way I have it set up is as follows:

-call comes in and is picked up by auto-attendant

-call is forwarded to appropriate extension using blind transfer

-if phone is not picked up, it forwards to a voicemail extension, also configured in Axon. There is a setting that allows pickup failures to be forwarded to another extension in X seconds.

I had this same problem and when I upgraded to v1.05 a few weeks ago, it was fixed with this method.

I am having a heck of a time setting up my sipura 3000 thing. Can you please provide the exact configuration settings you used?

Thanks for your help.

Andy P.

Okay...  Just noticed in the manual that Blind Transfer is the only method for VOIP calls...

So....  New feature for next release???

<-call comes in and is picked up by auto-attendant >

... I assume a voip line is configured for this in auto attendant and this is on the 198 extension in Axon?

<-call is forwarded to appropriate extension using blind transfer>

.. Do I need to set up a voip line for each extension in auto attendant?

Detrie

Are you using Axon v1.05? The way I have it set up is as follows:

-call comes in and is picked up by auto-attendant

-call is forwarded to appropriate extension using blind transfer

-if phone is not picked up, it forwards to a voicemail extension, also configured in Axon. There is a setting that allows pickup failures to be forwarded to another extension in X seconds.

I had this same problem and when I upgraded to v1.05 a few weeks ago, it was fixed with this method.

I am having a heck of a time setting up my sipura 3000 thing. Can you please provide the exact configuration settings you used?

Thanks for your help.

Andy P.

I see that feature in the newer releases of Axon - how do you set which mailbox the message is left for (i.e. if someone rings extension 105 and no answer I'd like the message to be left for Mailbox 105) ?? Is there a variable set that can bu used in IVM??

I went through my Sipura SPA3000 in this post:

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1943#

Hope it helps you...