avutil-52.nch.dll missing

geddydino

Just purchased, and get missing avutil-52.nch.dll, please reinstall.

i have turned off my security software, and tried to reinstall, but get the same error.

did a search, and the dll is nowhere on the drive.

I see different files, by the same name, in different NCH folders. They should install

with the program. It is possible that you have a corrupted download. Try another.

Hi

Although I don't have avutil-52.dll on my Vista system running VP version 2.41 and VP version 3.29 , I do have avutil-49.dll and two copies of avutil-50.dll in my AppData Roaming folder in the NCH file, Components. Do you have this folder and have you checked it?

As I understand it, (and I probably don't!) avutil-52.dll is a Windows 7 .dll file used by third party applications like Videopad and not a Videopad file as such, so I am not sure if it is actually part of the download or if it is copied from Windows during installation. If for some reason you don't have it on your PC, VP can't possibly copy it into it's own folder so giving the message.

Looking on Google, it seems you can download it from numerous sites, although not sure how reliable that might be.

Any response from NCH?

Nat

• 2 weeks later...

I had same problem. avutil-52.dll is part of ffmpeg. I fixed the problem by downloading ffmpeg from the ffmpeg project site http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ then replacing the C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad\ffmpeg18.exe binary with the ffmpeg.exe binary from the downloaded package, and copying the dll's from the downloaded package to C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components\ffmpeg18.

• 1 month later...