Sequence joining

LL0945

I am doing my first project in VideoPad 3.29. I have a lot of avi clips and have divided them into three sequences. I have searched everywhere in the software and on line, and I cannot work out how to merge the three sequences into one so I can burn the project. Can some kind person please give me some easy to follow instructions?

Produce each sequence, then load them into a new window, place them on the timeline and produce the final film.

Or, for example, while viewing sequence 2 by clicking on it just above the timeline, drag sequence 3 from the media/sequences area (top-left) and drop it into the seq. 2 video track, or to a new video track.

Hi

Once you have completed a sequence, click the + to the right of the word "Sequence 1" at the left of the timeline.

This places the sequence into the Media list under the "Sequences" tab and clears the timeline. (Note that there is always a dummy Sequence 1 in the bin at the start.)

Start your second sequence on the empty timeline and when finished click the + again. to the right of "Sequence 2" In this way all your individual sequences are added to the Media list "Sequence" bin and the timeline is cleared for you to continue each time.

Continue to create sequences in this way until you require to add them together for the finished movie..

With the timeline once again empty, open the Media list and click the Sequence tab. (The tabs also indicate how many files there are in that particular list.)

Now simply add the sequences that you have created to the timeline as you would clips.

Note however: The individual clips that you used to create each sequence are now joined together into a single clip that will include any effects that you used like crossfades etc. These can no longer be edited. Each sequence will behave like a completed single new clip.

Save your movie when you are satisfied.

Nat

Hi

:) Both work OK but Timeline mode allows you "see" the soundtrack properly in relation to the whole sequence as well as the sequence in "real time". Cutting and assembly is also easier in Timeline mode. Another point is that overlay tracks are visible in this mode.

In Storyboard mode the overlay tracks do not appear which, if you have edited by using more than one track can make things difficult.On the other hand in Storyboard mode you can see a lot of long clips as equal length blocks with a thumbnail and they are easier therefore to move about to change the playing order. Using the zoom in timeline mode to see a lot of clips together on the sequence can make some clips too short in length to identify as when zoomed they can get so narrow that the thumbnail disappears.

There are lots of other point for and against.

So it's as Borate says...."Whichever best suits what you need"

Nat