Professional Sounding Narration

yonargi1

My movie was almost completed, when reviewers decided that the narration sounded "tinny" and not the high quality that we want in the product.

So I finally settled on: Logitech Headset Microphone with SB X-Fi Go! Pro sound card. These two should give me the quality we want. With the help of a new four-port hub, I finally have them cabled up the way I want. Only problem? No sound. Why do I get no sound out of my new setup?

How can I send you a screen shot of my narration window?

I got the hub because I can't wire up anything directly; I don't have enough USB ports. Maybe I should start over.

My sound wasn't good.

So I got an external sound card that was supposed to make my voice sound better than the sound card that was built in that came with my computer.

I plugged it into a port on my 4-hub USB adapter. (This factoid shouldn't make any difference in the sound I get out of it.)

I went into Videopad to narrate. But I can't get the narration to go through the new external sound card.

I went into Videopad to narrate. But I can't get the narration to go through the new external sound card.

Is it necessary to disable the internal card? Perhaps not, but look over your documentation.

Have you checked the RECORDING DEVICES settings for the card, to confirm that the MIC input is chosen and that volume is up and not muted?

Often those controls can be accessed by right-clicking the sound icon in the notification area - at the bottom-right of the taskbar.

When that's done here, there are MIC / LINE / STEREO input choices.

Some PC soundcards have jacks that query for the device type when an audio jack is inserted. You then click on the appropriate choice.