Two Days Trying to Create a New Movie!

mburtonsr

After using & loving VP 3.00 on the first movie to YouTube

I attempt to try the next, and am having a hair pulling experience. This first movie was 1:26:47 and did so well that I couldn't wait to jump in again, then the problem began. First attempt to create movie to DVD ( Samsung SE-S084C) on a new disk would not record, and after several attempts on the 1:30:36 new project I finally gave up on the DVD Recorder, I wanted the customer to see it before posting it to YouTube. VP says that file is not found but has been saved to your file (not there). These are long files and I am trying to keep from giving up, so then I send tech support the problem, but because I have not paid for it I'm on the waiting list. Now I go to YouTube and try to send it and it gives me the same story, no file, saved, and believe me I've tried all of the different settings. Their is nothing in the file name that might make it a problem, but the tube transfer will not go. Because one has worked and no changes have been made and it's the same computer I will not list the system, and the time to create these and simply get them viewed is so time consuming I need to vent here. Does anyone have a idea what the problem could be? I'm at a loss, is there a 1:30:00 time restriction? I say that because the first was 4 minutes under. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Don't want to keep fighting. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just looking through for threads nobody has replied to.. :mellow:

There is no restriction on the length of your project as far as I know, but saving to DVD via the software has encountered problems with other users. Further, it is not (IMHO) fully implemented as you can't have customizable menus or more than one project per DVD.

I would suggest you save your project to your PC as an HD avi file, and then use a third party DVD creator to make your disk. This way you can have previews, menus and a choice of buttons which the VP version doesn't create.

If you have Windows Movie Maker then you will probably also have Windows DVD Maker which will do the job.

If not, try DVDStyler which is a free DVD creator program and which gives you full control over nearly all aspects of the creation process.

http://www.dvdstyler.org/en/downloads

Another free program is the SoThink DVD maker. This does a similar job but, if you haven't bought the software it places a green advertscreen between each film (or at every bookmark if you have used these). It's not particularly annoying though, otherwise it is free to use with no time restriction apparently and the results are good otherwise.

http://www.sothinkme...ovie-dvd-maker/

You can upload the avi to UTube with their uploader. I don't think there is a time limit to their uploads now but possibly other forum users can advise you about this.

Nat