Still Image Duration - Android

RFPhotog

I'm working with the Android version of VideoPad. In the options, there is a setting for the still image duration. There is only one decimal place of accuracy showing. If I want to create a timelapse video from still images and I want a framerate of 24fps, the duration of each still is .0146 seconds. Even though there is only one decimal place showing, if I input .0146 will that figure be properly used in setting up the clip?

Timelapse clips are made up of hundreds or thousands of still images. Is there a way to 'select all' when adding media to the project, rather than having to tap on each image individually? Is there a way to select and drag multiple images from the media window to the timeline rather than having to drag each one down individually?

Also, what are the differences between the free and paid versions of the Android app?

Thanks.

Hi

Before you add any of your images, set the default still image duration to 0.0146....you will find it will change to 0.015 but the difference is not important with this duration rate. Now add all your images to the media list.

With hundreds this may take some time so you might have to work in batches or create numerous sequences and add these together for the final product.

To select all your images..

First, under "Options" - "Other" set the "Add new clip to the following position" to "Ask me"

Ensure that all your clips are in numerical order with at least 3-4 digits....e.g. Image0001 Image0002 etc. depending if you are working with hundreds or thousands of images. You can easily do this with the Batch conversion/Renumber option in the free program Irfanview.

If you don't do this then you may find that your images are numbered 1, 10, 11......19, 2, 20, 21, 22........29, 3, 30 etc. which will be a pain to correct. The extra zeros will ensure that all the images enter the media list in order.

Left click the top image in the list, hold down the shift key and scroll the list down to the last entry and left click this. All the entries between the first and the last to be clicked will be selected and will highlight blue.

Drag and drop the highlighted block onto the sequence line.(which is easy) or right click the block and select to add them to the sequence. When propted where to add them, select "End of the timeline"

Whichever method you use , the images should now follow each other in the correct order, each with a duration of 0.015 seconds.

You can check the duration of each image if you switch into storyboard mode as it will appear below each frame.

"Also, what are the differences between the free and paid versions of the Android app?"

I have no idea :mellow:

Nat

Thanks. I think you may be referring to the desktop version rather than the Android version.

As I mentioned, there is only one decimal place for the still image duration. Inputting anything other than a single decimal place means none of the other digits are visible. That's why I asked if any more digits are used or tossed out. There is no shift key on a tablet. Well, there can be if you have the virtual keyboard open but that wouldn't be the case here. You can add an entire folder of images to the media window but then, as far as I can determine, you have to drag each one to the timeline indvidually. Not sure there is a 'storyboard mode' on the Android mobile app.

Well aware of the numbering issue, thanks.