How to replace file without loosing my editing?

qazqaz

Hello,

I have the same audio file in 2 formats: MP3 and WMA.

I used the WMA file in my project, but now i get an error message when loading it ("failed to load file...")

If i import the MP3 file it's ok, but then I have to do all the cutting and editing again.

I want to edit the project file so it will load the MP3 file instead of the WMA file, and use it in the same places inside the project.

Is there a way to do this? or is there another way to solve this replacing files peoblem?

Thanx, Ofer

HI

I dont think you can do this as the file types are different.

However I have loaded WMA files with no problem.(version 2.41). VP uses DirectX to treat (convert?) them. Perhaps that is not happening. The projects with WMA files load OK.

You might be able to edit the project file say, with notepad, but you would need to sit down and decide how the text would need to be altered as it isn't that straightforward.

Nat

Well, the problem is that the file itself IS ok. It worked fine few weeks ago, when I did all the editing on it inside my project.

But when I loaded my project today, it gave me this error ("failed to load file..."). still, It was opened today by windows media player with no problem.

Tried to re-open it after project is loaded - failed.

Tried to re-convert it with AVC, but still get the same.

No problem opening other WMA files.

Again - I cannot load the project with the WMA file.

:(

The file itself IS ok. It worked fine few weeks ago, when I did all the editing on it inside my project.

But when I loaded my project today, it gave me this error ("failed to load file..."). still, It was opened today by windows media player with no problem.

Tried to re-open it after project is loaded - failed.

Tried to re-convert it with AVC, but still get the same

Strange. Did you try coverting it to a WAV file, then importing to VP?