Add Image Files

georgew

Hello , I got a video with the speech and I would like to add an introduction images file at the beginning of the video. After add the jpg image, the video track was shifted backward, but the audio track was not moved together. I afraid the video and the audio will not align again due to the adding extra images at the start position. Please help about these issues... Urgent ... Many ..many thanks..... George

Hi

If your audio was attached (linked) to to video it should have moved back as you add frames/clips to the start of the sequence line. But this does not happen in version 3.04 In fact, IMHO it causes problems.

What you should have done is to add your images to the overlay track first and then drag the sequence line along to the right, in which case the audio stays attached and both video and audio can be moved together.

As you have it at the moment it's a bit awkward. You can drag the image clips up to a higher video track and then right click on the space you have made and then select to close it. This apparently puts the video and audio together again but you can't drag them both to the right as mentioned above since the gap reappears (even though you haven't unlinked them!)

Neither can you leave the gap and drag the sound track along per se as it behaves as if it IS linked and just pushed the already spaced out video along further.

SO....What you have to do is..

Grab the image clips and drag it/them up to the upper video track.

Right click the main sequence clip and unlink the audio.

Drag the audio along to the right so it synchs again with the video.

Right click the video again and restore the audio.

Now your intro images should play before you main sequence line.

Nat