How does one use the 3D option?

Nationalsolo

HI

Has anybody used the VP 3D option available in version 3.04?

I have presented numerous 3D PC slideshows of Red/Cyan anaglyphs created on the PC from twin digital cameras (left/right) and also anaglyphs generated on the PC from black and white stereooptocon Victorian stereo cards of which I have quite a lot. (Bit of work involved there!) The former work in clour, the latter in black and white.

I originally projected colour 35 mm slides using polaroid glasses and twin polarised projectors or viewed them direct with a Brewster type twin slide viewer (which is best way....a bit like Viewmaster) but with the aquisition of a PC I started converting left/right digital images to Red/Cyan anaglyphs (which are full colour but for technical reasons are not as good as directly viewed slides.)

So...How is the VP 3D option actually meant to work???

With twin mounted video camers I can generate two clips...one left the other right. But as a simple test I have tried using two stero images as follows...

I have loaded individual left and right full coloured digital images via the 3D anaglyph option and get a Red image and a Cyan image on the media list. So far, so good. I have to presume these are from the red channel for the first and the green+blue channels for the second.and correspond to the pre anaglyph images that I generate on my PC. On the PC I combine these two images by colour addition to produce the coloured anaglyph.

How is this done in VP? In fact...Is this the way to use 3D with VP or does one use special 3D video?

I have looked at the individual frames of the Red (or Cyan) clip generated on VP and each frame is the same...it isn't R/C/R/C/R...etc. or C/R/C/R/C.......etc.

So..How are they combined? I can add one clip to the sequence and the other to the overlay track but how does one combine them by addition?

Any ideas?

Nat