End of Scrolling Text disappears before scrolling off the screen

seashell

Hi Members,

I hope my "topic title" identifies my situation. Here it is in detail please. I have my introduction text on a blank "black" screen set to scroll from, "bottom to top". No problem (so far).

As the text scrolls (in the preview window), it does not finish scrolling "off the top of the screen" (like it should). Instead usually the last line suddenly disappears before its had a chance to complete the scroll.

I eventually figured that it is better to create shorter multiple "text overlays" rather than one big long one. A long text overlay takes awhile to render or create when a small correction is made (i.e. add a word or correct a mistake). This still did not fix my problem.

It's strange because at first I thought that a long text overlay was the problem but noticed the same thing happens when I create a short text overlay (i.e. two short lines of text). Some text overlays are fine and scroll perfectly while others cut out before they finish scrolling.

I extended the text overlay by dragging it out further thinking that was the issue but it only slows the scroll speed down (obviously). I can't figure out why at times the end of the scroll "cuts out" or suddenly "disappears" before it reaches the end of the scroll sequence. I even made sure the blank clip is long enough.

I began to wonder if there could be an issue to where the text overlay is placed in regards to the position of each clip but I moved the text overlays so they line up NOT under any divider line of each clip but it had no effect.

I then Rebooted the computer, loaded the project file again, deleted the text overlay that was giving me the problem, created a new text overlay using the same "words" and it scrolled perfectly. Have no idea why this worked!

Any thoughts?

Windows 7

Videopad ver. 2.41

Thank you

This may not be a legitimate answer, but it works for me. When typing your title, if you add say half a dozen blank lines after the text you've typed, the last line will usually scroll off without disappearing (as it scrolls into the blank lines). Works for me..