Hi there and query re import

iansoady

Hi there,

I've just downloaded the free version of Videopad and at first glance it looks good (I'm fed up with other software such as Nero and Pinnacle crashing). However, I'm trying to add an avi file to a project and for some reason the program thinks it's an audio file. The audio portion of the sequence is there & can be heard but not the video.

Help!!!

Hi

Does the avi file play OK in windows media player? Could be a codec problem.

Nat

Good point. No it doesn't. I originally captured the file using Nero Vision Express and saving it as AVI. I have successfully converted it using Prism Video Converter to a WMV file which seems to work OK. Maybe I need to convert all (40+!) of my files......

• 4 weeks later...

I have a simialr issue.

I used Nero to cpature my video because when I selected Capture within video Pad it opened Nero. Okay, so I captured and saved as an AVI for import into Video Pad. 4 of the 5 videos captured this way will not "import". I get a pop up with

Could not Open File:

location name.avi

SO, what is the possible issue. All the files are captured exactly the same from the same camcorder using Nero capture and saving as an AVI

Hi

I believe that the Nero software produces an avi container with a Divx format file which won't play in VP or WMP, although the sound file being mp3 or ac3 is recognised and plays. You will need to convert it to a compatible file such as MPEG2 or MPEG4 or wmv all of which can be imported and played. (Note: MPEG4 won't play in WMP)

Nat

Hi

I believe that the Nero software produces an avi container with a Divx format file which won't play in VP or WMP, although the sound file being mp3 or ac3 is recognised and plays. You will need to convert it to a compatible file such as MPEG2 or MPEG4 or wmv all of which can be imported and played. (Note: MPEG4 won't play in WMP)

Nat

Great, thanks. I was beginning to suspect that. However, why does the capture function within Videopad open up the Nero program to capture

Hi

I think it's simply because you have plugged in a capture device that uses Nero. If I plug in my webcam, it's the webcam output that is captured. In the Capture screen you can set the device to use if there is more than one device connected, but under this you can set the encoder. (H.264 or MPEG4) Try changing this, it may make a difference.

Nat

Hi

I think it's simply because you have plugged in a capture device that uses Nero. If I plug in my webcam, it's the webcam output that is captured. In the Capture screen you can set the device to use if there is more than one device connected, but under this you can set the encoder. (H.264 or MPEG4) Try changing this, it may make a difference.

Nat

Tried the suggestion however, in the Capture screen under "capture from;" there is only one device listed which is Microsoft DV Camera and VCR. I have a Panasonic PV GS-35 camcorder. I am using Nero 10. So, the idea