Deshaker output

Oldmartian

Does anyone know if and how I can change the file type of the stabilized video when using the VidepPad's plug-in, (which is VideoDub's Deshaker program)?

It seems all the output files are in .mp4 format.

Thanks,

Old Martian

Hi

Using Deshaker, either from within VP or from Virtualdub normally creates a big avi. file. I can't see an alternative to this. However, these normally play and edit OK in VP but I don't think there is any problem in converting them using any suitable third party video file converter.

Nat

Hi

Using Deshaker, either from within VP or from Virtualdub normally creates a big avi. file. I can't see an alternative to this. However, these normally play and edit OK in VP but I don't think there is any problem in converting them using any suitable third party video file converter.

Nat

I'm trying to avoid a step. I use Video ReDo to cut and trim individual videos because it's quick and it works. But it won't work wth .avi, .mp4 and some other formats. But it's super and I'm used to it. But when VidepPad Deshaker spits out .mp4 files, I have to convert them to .mp3 with their Prism converter.

(I'm not ready to make individual movies yet, so I keep the original vids from my videocam as separate files for now.) How did you get deshaker to spit out .avi files?

Hi

Sorry if I might have misled you :unsure: ...I am going by what my last version did. At the moment my current VP (v.2.41) won't "Deshake" my files. Normally I would right click the file in the media list window and choose the "Stabilize video option" but since I upgraded from an earlier version, when I do this I simply get a message saying "Stabilization process failed" I've reloaded VP several times completely deleting all NCH files beforehand but always with the same result. Could be the file path is incorrect. When I get a bit more time I'll have to take a look. Anyway, I'm sure previous versions produced an avi file..perhaps this later version as you say creates MPEG4 files. If I try to load the Virtualdub plugin, thinking it might overcome the problem...it won't let me..presumably because its supposed to be preloaded with VP. Although its a tad annoying, I don't find too much of a problem as I simply use virtual dub on its own if I need to stabilize anything and then load the output file to VP.

Nat