Suggestions, because of frustrations

chinoy

As we all know the sql plugin does have limitations, It will not accept long sql statements, therefore you have to break the statement into several, while passing the previously received variable to the next and so on.

Quite frankly, I think the limitation is in the IVM Plugin entry screen rather than the sqllink plugin itself. You get the same limitation no matter what plugin u use.

It is extremely frustrating, because I have an sql statement that is 4 lines, but since I can use one single long query, I have to break it down into 7 separate queries, and that means I have to run the plugin in the same OGG 7 times.

Secondly, The program allows you to run many plugins within the same OGM (or the same plugin several times in my my case), however, the program will not allow me to modify the order of the plugins or insert in between 2 OGMs. Example, I have 7 plugins I run (same plugin, 7 times). I wanted to add another plugin between the 3rd and the 4th one, however, I cannot insert, so I had to delete the 4th, through the 7th plugin, insert a new entry and then recreate the ones I deleted.

In summary:

1. Modify the plugin entry screen to accept longer lines (in case of sql statements, there is no real limit on statements, I have seen some that are 2 pages long)

2. Allow us to modify the order of the plugins within a single OGM (particularly since it is allowing to add multiple plugins in the first place.

Asides from this, I think the program is just GREAT and very flexible. I do hope the development team adds these features in the next revision.

Regards,

Ray

Good suggestrion for allowing the rearranging of the order of plugis. We will implement this in the next release of IVM.

We have already talked by email about the sql length limit. For others information the length is limited by the windows command line size (about 256 characters). We will make some changes to the sqllink plugin to allow file inputs.

• 1 month later...