VideoPad Freezing-- effects-related

selene0789

I'm trying to make a video, and for the most part it's working fine. The problem comes later on in the project, while I'm fine tuning and adding effects and transitions, and I'll do something (not action-specific... meaning, it's not the same thing each time) and the whole video will get hung up, and it won't load my effects on ANY of the clips, though I'd watched before in the editing process, and by default it won't let me preview my vid. It won't even let me add new effects to new clips.

I don't know what to do. I've already had to start over once when my first video did this, but now my second video is doing it too. PLEASE help! I've worked a long time on it, and it's a beautiful vid.

Thanks in advance for any advice/tips!

Hi

Does VP crash or just appear to stop? If it crashes and you restart the program (e.g. after a Cntrl+Alt+Delete) you would normally see a small window come up first asking if VP actually did crash or stop for some other reason. On the other hand whilst the program appears to stick is there a blue moving progress bar active at the bottom right of the window? If there is it indicates that VP is still processing your changes and actually can't do anything else until those changes have been updated e.g. loading effects and transitions. Depending on the length of your video and the processing power of your PC this can take some time and give the impression that it has stopped.

However I have no real idea what might be happening. I can only suggest (in the absence of any other ideas from elsewhere) that if your video runs OK before you add your transitions , then you save your project at that point.(As..say, Proj-1) Then proceed to add your transitions one at a time and playing over each one, checking each time. If all is well after doing a few then again saving your project as Proj-2.and so on. This way, if it stops again you haven't lost anything as you can reload VP and then the last working saved project. You could alternate the two saves if you want to. I know this doesn't actually solve your problem which may be PC related but it might help you complete it. (And, of course you may already do this) :)

Nat

On the other hand whilst the program appears to stick is there a blue moving progress bar active at the bottom right of the window? If there is it indicates that VP is still processing your changes and actually can't do anything else until those changes have been updated e.g. loading effects and transitions. Depending on the length of your video and the processing power of your PC this can take some time and give the impression that it has stopped.

I'm using the demo, and was just wrapping up editing a large video file. Is it normal for it to take hours? Every time I use the task master, it tells me Videopad is running, and apparently it is waiting for a response from me, but there are no popups, no messages, no blue moving progress bar. Maybe the progress bar is only in the purchased versions? The window is frozen; I can't close it or save the file, and I am hesitant to force close because of all my work! Does the free version have auto save? :blink:

I've got some deadlines on this video project, and was so happy with Videopad up until this point, enough to recommend to my company we purchase the pro version.

Thanks,

J.

Never mind! I finally gave up and force closed the program. A screen popped up and it asked it it crashed, and then asked if I would send a note to the debuggers. Then it opened up and....it had autosaved!!

MY LIFE IS THE BEST LIFE!

• 3 years later...

I just wasnt to offer my expertice on this very old forum. I have probablly more experience with Video pad as well as 15 Other Professtional Vid ediitors. VP was my first and will always be my Default GO TO editing to get my prelimenary set ups done. I am a producer, Master editor and cheif advisor for my compnay and I spend minimum 12 hours a day on video pad. My workstation in which is am sitting and typing at this very moment, concist o 4 deskstops and a top of the line toshiba satellite lap top. In front of me I have 2x 46" Plasma Samsung Smart TVs, , Under those I have another 32" plasma and plus 3 x19" DVI/VGA SCREENS and as well has the laptop's 17" integrated Display. So recap thats 4 Desktips and 1 laptop hookd into 7 GIgantic monitors. and to NCH Software for the rithgt title and contract, i can make your approval and paying customers rates to skyrocket with a few of my suggestoins for your next full featrue upgrade.Right ght amont I can train your inhouse, or evern help develop your fixes.I use Version 4.0 and the moment because it is only version ith new masking feature..BuT i kNOw every otherprogram as well as vidiopad and I have so much insight to better your sofware(my favorite).I've used every release starting bacck when 2.0 versions where newiw. Good luck to all and Ask mw anygthng anytime and I ll give you the best solution for you issue.