special effects: circle or glow around a player on the field

tr888

I am searching for a video editor to edit MP4s of some high school soccer games and cull a series of shorter clips from them. From time to time, a specific player will need to be highlighted in some way, perhaps with a circle drawn around him or an arrow above his head or some kind of glow or halo surrounding him -- only for several seconds, and then it can go away. Does VideoPad provide the ability to create such special effects? I'd be willing to do it frame by frame -- it does not have to an "intelligent" feature where the highlight follows the player around the field no matter where he happens to go.

Hi

I am pretty certain you can't do this in VP.

I think the nearest you could get would be to copy a frame from your Video as an image and then add the effect you require to this image in an external editor Then put the frame (image)back into the sequence with a duration of 2-3 seconds. Your video would then pause for this amount of time at that particular frame when you played it.

Obviously you could do this for many frames but you would have to experiment to see if the final effect is what you want which would be a lot of work for something which might not be too effective

Have a look at the filters for virtual dub, you may find something there.

Nat

• 1 year later...

I'm sure you have an answer by now but Adobe Premier Pro is what I use. Place a clip on video 1 on the time line. Use an arrow.png picture you find adequate and place that over the player. Use the animation and tracking to make the arrow follow the player for as many frames as you want. For a spot light effect the process is more complicated but really cool.