Not free?...

Trenatos

I hope someone from NCH Software reads this...

On your product website, located at http://www.nchsoftware.com/invoice/index.html It says "Download Free" in multiple places, and nowhere does it state that what is downloading or installing is any form of demo, trial, or otherwise limited.

Now, I'm really glad I went looking on the forum, since I was looking at setting up the PayPal API and start putting my haphazard paper invoices into your software as the test I did turned out very nicely.

On the forum I see things about the current version expiring?

This makes no sense, from a business standpoint nor a *legal* standpoint.

If this information is correct, and what I just installed will indeed expire in 14 days, I hope someone pulls you into court for misrepresentation of product.

As far as I am aware, you are not legally allowed to call something "free" if it is not, and a trial or time limited version is indeed not free, as you're forcing the user to purchase a license to continue using it.

I'm concerned, as I was going to put time and effort into moving my data into your software, but now have to wait 14 days just to confirm/deny what will happen, since the information is not on the website!

• 2 weeks later...

It is free.

they have put the paid and free version in one.

to get the free version to keep working

go to add and remove programs in the control pannel

select express invoice and uninstall there will be an option to downgrade to the FREE version

select it and click next or finnished ( I can not remember which as I have done it ages ago)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do you get the free version to work for Mac?

It would have been nice to get this information on the website, or before downloading, or even on the software update page!

It is free.

they have put the paid and free version in one.

to get the free version to keep working

go to add and remove programs in the control pannel

select express invoice and uninstall there will be an option to downgrade to the FREE version

select it and click next or finnished ( I can not remember which as I have done it ages ago)

• 3 weeks later...

I followed the instructions to add/remove and then select the downgrade option and it does not work, is this just a coincidence or is it a scam and will never work? If it is a genuine option what can I do to correct this?

Just in case it was a problem with my XP software I installed in on my laptop which has windows 7 on it, when I went to uninstall, the downgrade option was not there.

• 1 month later...

I really need to know how to downgrade the Mac version to free at the end of the trial too!

Currently my invoices are locked in the non-free version and on a Mac I cannot find how to downgrade.

..... I want to purchase Express Accounts (which appears to do everything that invoicing does ... doesn't it?) but need access to the invoices first.

HELP

Hello

Thank you for contacting NCH Software.

The MAC versions do not have a free version you can downgrade to unfortunately. This only works on the PC versions.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards,

NCH Customer Service Team

UNQUOTE