Subtites just don't work

aplussys

Everything EXCEPT subtitles seems to work. What am I doing wrong? I choose a frame to which I want to add a subtitle, edit it with the desired fond and size, but nothing appears during playback. Is there a more specific manual instruction on this, because when I hit help I get nothing at all. Please advise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

You don't say what version you are using but this is the sequence of steps to use to add a subtitle in V2.12 (Free)

Open VP and add a clip or clips to the media list.

Drag your clip or clips to the sequence, line.

On the left hand side of the screen click the "Subtitles" button which will open the subtitles window with a preview of your film.

Use the "Play" button (>) to run your film to the point where your subtitle is to appear, or you can drag the red line along if you like.

On the left hand side enter your subtitle text into the "Subtitle text" box.

It would be nice if the "Start time" box automatically filled with the red line cursor position (shown on the right under the preview window) but it doesn't, neither can you cut/paste it from here so you will just have to enter the time shown manually.

Now enter the duration in seconds that your subtitle is to show.

Now select font and size and colour for the subtitle.

With these values entered click the "Add + Continue" button.

Your subtitle text will now display in the list window on the lower left of the screen with the start/finish times.

You can play the film in the preview window (or drag the cursor line) to check your text looks OK.

You repeat the procedure for further subtitles. (or "Add +Close to finish)

You can save your subtitle list and load it again for later editing.

Hope this helps.

Nat

• 8 years later...

I just downloaded VideoPad 7.24 and subtitles play button in subtitles edit window just does't work.

It doesn't work in any of my videos, which were created in v5.01.

You have a serious bug there and I expect it to be fixed, cause it's not worth the money I paid without subtitles.

This is a thread from 2011.  It's best to begin a new thread with a descriptive subject and specifics in the body.

Confirmed.  The subtitle screen PLAY button is inoperative with a 5.01-created Mp4 in 7.24.  It functions normally in this beta version. 

This wasn't a .vpj project file, but the final export.  That it was created with 5.01 is probably irrelevant - it's a standard Mp4 - but no further tests were done.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.

Hi

Are we referring to a Video or Videos created with 5.01 that have subtitles or to a vpj file created in 5.01 that has subtitles?

Your post seems to indicate the former, in which case the subtitles are part of the image and wont be available for editing in the subtitle editor.

If the latter and bearing in mind that VP 5.01 dates from at least Feb 2017 (when VP still had the "light" GUI )   I reloaded VP 5.01 and set up a clip with several subtitles. After checking it previewed correctly I saved a  vpj file.

After reloading VP 7.25, this vpj file appeared to load and preview correctly. (It had no other editing to confuse things) Checking the subtitle edit window all the subtitles correctly listed in the newer format and the clip played correctly within  the edit window, all subtitles appearing in the correct places.

Couldn't find a fault here. :mellow:  

Nat

• 2 years later...
  • borate changed the title to Subtites just don't work