Getting audio, no video

toonsign

Good morning,

I just tried out the Video Pad Editor and think it'll do what I need it to do - simple video editing. I've been using MGI Videowave for years but decided to upgrade to the Video Pad.

I used a previous MPG video with audio and tried to 'edit' it. I followed the instructions but what I am getting is:

The audio has been saved and you can hear it but the video has not. While the video is running, all the video shows is the 'screenshot' of the 1st frame.

The process I use is:

1. Open a video

2. Create my start (red arrow) and end (blue arrow) points.

3. Click the green arrow

Results: Audio but no video

I do the above again but 'save as a new clip'. Save the movie and results still have audio, no video.

I am running Windows & and the Video Pad came with the Debut Video Capture download.

I'm pretty sure the answer is right is front of me and something I've missed and your help is appreciated.

Fred

Melbourne FL

Good afternoon,

Is there anyone with any help?

I tried to use the support but kept getting back to their FAQ answers.

Fred

Melbourne FL

Good morning,

I just tried out the Video Pad Editor and think it'll do what I need it to do - simple video editing. I've been using MGI Videowave for years but decided to upgrade to the Video Pad.

I used a previous MPG video with audio and tried to 'edit' it. I followed the instructions but what I am getting is:

The audio has been saved and you can hear it but the video has not. While the video is running, all the video shows is the 'screenshot' of the 1st frame.

The process I use is:

1. Open a video

2. Create my start (red arrow) and end (blue arrow) points.

3. Click the green arrow

Results: Audio but no video

I do the above again but 'save as a new clip'. Save the movie and results still have audio, no video.

I am running Windows & and the Video Pad came with the Debut Video Capture download.

I'm pretty sure the answer is right is front of me and something I've missed and your help is appreciated.

Fred

Melbourne FL

Hi

OK. Start by finding and then loading your MPEG clip to the Media list by using the "Add Media" button.

Now left click the clip in the media list window and then drag it down and drop it onto the sequence line. It will preview in the left hand window as soon as you grab it and once released on the sequence line it will appear in the right hand preview window. The left hand window will then go blank. The soundtrack for the clip will appear underneath the clip on the Audio track.

I personally feel its better to set the sequence line to storyboard mode as you can see your clips more easily.

If you now click on the clip in the sequence line it will preview in the left hand window.

Note that the right hand window previews the cursor position whilst the left hand window previews the clip.

For the moment ignore the red/blue in point/out point markers.You can use these to precisely cut your clip in two places in order to isolate a section but you can do this as described below.

You can play your clip using the "Play" button in the RH preview screen.

If you want to cut your clip in two (or more) then play the preview (RHS) and stop where you want to cut it. Step forwards/backwards using the < > tabs to be more precise and then click the "Split" tab on the far left.

This will create two clips on the sequence line and either can be removed by left clicking the one you don't want to select it, and selecting "Remove selected clip". A second split using the same method will isolate the bit you wish to keep. If you dont remove any of the "bits" you create you can move them to another part of your film by simply dragging them to a new position. Its the equivalent of making a new clip.

Save as a new clip means that the once you have selected in and out points in the LH preview window the section under the green bar is saved to the Media list as a separate clip. ( not the PC.) Before trying to save your sequence to your PC check it plays as you want it to in the RH preview window. But drag the cursor line to the start or click the << button.

If it plays OK then try saving it to a folder on your PC.

I am not sure why your audio played without a video but try the above steps for a start.

Regards

Nat

• 1 year later...

I am having a similar problem - the audio signal is being recorded, but I cannot hear it while in Capture ...

Using Win7, VP 2.41, with a Kaiser Baas device between my VCR and computer

Don't know what your set up is there, but try this...

Right-click the sound icon at the lower right of the screen and choose RECORDING DEVICES.

Double-click on the default device - likely STEREO SPEAKERS or LINE IN.

Click the LISTEN tab.

Check the "listen to this device" box.