How can you tell it's working?

DianeG1003

I just purchased Switch Plus to convert some DSS files I need for the work I do. I have added them to the Switch panel to convert, highlighted them and clicked on convert. I don't see anything happening. It puts an X next to the file and then just sort of sits there. How can you tell if the file is converting? And if it's not converting, is there something else I need to do? I need this information ASAP as I have a job I need to get finished with this weekend.

Please email me at GalDiane1003@aol.com

Thanks -

Diane

• 3 weeks later...
I just purchased Switch Plus to convert some DSS files I need for the work I do.  I have added them to the Switch panel to convert, highlighted them and clicked on convert.  I don't see anything happening.  It puts an X next to the file and then just sort of sits there.  How can you tell if the file is converting?  And if it's not converting, is there something else I need to do?  I need this information ASAP as I have a job I need to get finished with this weekend.

Please email me at GalDiane1003@aol.com

Thanks -

Diane

Well, I have started testing the freeware version of Switch and have come to realize a couple of things:

1.) It seems the .DSS converter plugin must be downloaded the first time you try to convert or play a DSS file. I don't know if it comes with the Switch Plus version, but in the freeware version, the dialog box for the download of the plugin was hidden behind a couple other windows on the desktop, so the first time I didn't even know that it was trying to download something. :rolleyes:

2.) While the freeware version isn't big on progress reports on a batch job, when you are looking at the GUI window, if you have a red 'X' on the file, it hasn't been converted. When you see the green checkmark, then you can look in your OutFolder and find the converted file.

Hope that helps.

/bk

• 1 year later...
Well, I have started testing the freeware version of Switch and have come to realize a couple of things:

1.) It seems the .DSS converter plugin must be downloaded the first time you try to convert or play a DSS file. I don't know if it comes with the Switch Plus version, but in the freeware version, the dialog box for the download of the plugin was hidden behind a couple other windows on the desktop, so the first time I didn't even know that it was trying to download something. :rolleyes:

2.) While the freeware version isn't big on progress reports on a batch job, when you are looking at the GUI window, if you have a red 'X' on the file, it hasn't been converted. When you see the green checkmark, then you can look in your OutFolder and find the converted file.

Hope that helps.

/bk

I recently installed the Switch freeware version on PCs at home and at work to convert DSS file to WAV. I have no problem converting at home, however, the one at the office kept saying "The file could not be open". I tried uninstall-reinstall and rerun the converter without success. Do you have any suggestion on what to look for? Is it possible to install the .DSS converter plugin manually or how can I verify if the plugin has been installed or not?

Thanks for the help.