Upgrading

djfraser

I bought Videopad just over two months ago and just checked to see if there was an upgrade that may fix the bug that burned dvds won't play on Panasonic and other brand players. There is a bug fix upgrade from 2.12 to 2.2 but guess what, they want me to pay over forty dollars for it. Unbelievable.

Indeedy, in a similar position...

IIRC. I've had mine a month longer, and while doing some disk housekeeping and updating over the Chrimbo holiday I hit that one, wanting I think it was 30 quid (30 UKpounds) for the 2.20update.

Don't get me wrong, I like the application a lot but I'm not going to be ripped off.

I don't mind paying larger amounts of lolly for substantial version updates, and I don't mind paying smaller amounts for in between fixes and updates, but this sort of lolly for in between, and mostly bug fixes is not on.

Another example of how to alienate your customers, which seems to be the norm these days.(xx)

Take the initial wodge (money) then give toilet service and support.

There are still a few exceptions, but they are very thin on the ground.

Arturox

I purchased a previous version and really wanted the version 2.20, but I'm in agreement that I shouldn't have to pay all over again for something I've already purchased. It's ridiculous. Additionally, the newest vesion doesn't perform as well as my current version in that it won't play back DVDs on my DVD player. The older version did.

I've gotten absolutely no response from the videopad team. Seems after you pay your money, they rather wash their hands of you unless you're willing to pay yet more for a tech support plan, which is measured and timed accordingly. After that, you're on your own.