Saving to Network Folder

Guest KGrimes

Hello all,

Can anyone point me in the right direction on setting up permissions on a network folder so that I can save dictation to our secretary's computer? I have enabled sharing of the folder, yet whenever I enter the address of the folder into the LAN folder/drive field I get the following message:

"You don't have permission to write to the folder. Please ask your administrator to give you permission on the folder or setup the service account for you."

I am able to save files to this folder using windows explorer, and read from it otherwise. I've rebooted the machine (both), yet still Im no further forward.

Any suggestions?

Keith Grimes

"You don't have permission to write to the folder. Please ask your administrator to give you permission on the folder or setup the service account for you."

From the Web Dictate GUI, open Options -> General -> "Service settings" and have a look at the "Service Account" setting. The account you choose to run the service determines whether or not Web Dictate has access to network folders. Clicking Help in that dialog gives more details.