URGENT HELP PLEASE!

mistymeanor

I have several files that I need to open to transcribe for a potential job. They are simple .wav files and any other .wav file I open works fine. These files work fine for another person using ES. Mine say "Opening Audio File Failed" and I have tried disabling anti-virus, tried opening in windows media player, turned off user account security, restarted computer, reinstalled ES, and ever tried on a totally different computer in my home and these particular .wav's will not open. How can this be explained because if I don't turn these in, I will not get the job.

My work computer uses Windows 7, the other computer I tried on is Vista. The properties of the files look fine on my desktop, but will not play on any player and they show "grayed out" with 0:00 duration once I attempt loading them in ES. I read a few past posts on this, but nothing in them seemed to fix my problem.

Thanks in advance... Misty

I have several files that I need to open to transcribe for a potential job. They are simple .wav files and any other .wav file I open works fine. These files work fine for another person using ES. Mine say "Opening Audio File Failed" and I have tried disabling anti-virus, tried opening in windows media player, turned off user account security, restarted computer, reinstalled ES, and ever tried on a totally different computer in my home and these particular .wav's will not open. How can this be explained because if I don't turn these in, I will not get the job.

My work computer uses Windows 7, the other computer I tried on is Vista. The properties of the files look fine on my desktop, but will not play on any player and they show "grayed out" with 0:00 duration once I attempt loading them in ES. I read a few past posts on this, but nothing in them seemed to fix my problem.

They might be corrupt, can you re-download them or get a fresh copy of them? If they don't play in other softwares then they're probably corrupt.

They might be corrupt, can you re-download them or get a fresh copy of them? If they don't play in other softwares then they're probably corrupt.

A friend of mine received the same files and they work on hers. I re-downloaded them and they still didn't work, yet the same files work for others.

Hi, Misty - this link may give some pointers - http://forum.mtstars.com/240892.html - good luck - Cath