DO NOT USE 3.25 OR 3.26

GrahamW

These last 2 updates are an absolute nightmare. I have them on my test pc and if you try and receive a customers payment it is near impossible unless you look at upaid accounts first then jot them down on paper then go and select the customer then select the invocies against that customer (you could have hundreds) then put them in order of invoice numbers and try and locate the unpaid ones.

You have to be carefull because you can also apply a payment against a invoice that has already been paid

This software is now getting beyond the joke. They add 1 new thing and break 10 others

I would advise not to use it until they fix it up. I send bug reports every day and here nothing from NCH about them. Support is also a joke with them and there is no way I would pay for this software at the moment. If it improves I may think about it.

Graham

Hi Graham and to every one else reading this.

I have just been doing my reporting using 3.26 and I am gutted - Since upgrading to 3.25 all my accounts have now been thrown out of balance.

I cant see what invoice have or havent been paid.

I was thinking earlier I was liking the new way of applying payments as you can manually type the invoice number and it loads all the details you need - which is a nice feature.

But what I didnt realise until having used the system was that

A, you can pay the account twice!!!! - Pay it twice WTF!

B, you cant see where you made this mistake of paying an account twice!

Now if you are writing a software at least these error checking should be in place so things like this dont happen!

I have however purhcased the premium support and requested a call to go through all of this.

The software is used for MY BUSINESS and I Need MY BUSINESS to work correctly for my clients.

So if a few calls can resolve these issues then so be it.

I cant go on with using something that doesnt work correct.

Its not right and NCH needs to be paying attention to this NOW.

Mick

These last 2 updates are an absolute nightmare. I have them on my test pc and if you try and receive a customers payment it is near impossible unless you look at upaid accounts first then jot them down on paper then go and select the customer then select the invocies against that customer (you could have hundreds) then put them in order of invoice numbers and try and locate the unpaid ones.

You have to be carefull because you can also apply a payment against a invoice that has already been paid

This software is now getting beyond the joke. They add 1 new thing and break 10 others

I would advise not to use it until they fix it up. I send bug reports every day and here nothing from NCH about them. Support is also a joke with them and there is no way I would pay for this software at the moment. If it improves I may think about it.

Graham

Having almost had a nervous breakdown regarding this software.

I have now been through all my customer payments and taken out any duplicate ones that were in there.

There are three things that should never have happened here.

1. You should not be able to apply a customer payment to an invoice for more then the invoice amount (simple?!)

2. You should not be able to select a customer from a list and apply a payment for the customer using another customers invoice! (Yes I know I just found that I had accedently applied a customer invoice payment to a different customer!!! )

3. There needs to be error checking with in this system so that we can manage these things!

I shouldnt have to be doing this!!!

Hi Graham and to every one else reading this.

I have just been doing my reporting using 3.26 and I am gutted - Since upgrading to 3.25 all my accounts have now been thrown out of balance.

I cant see what invoice have or havent been paid.

I was thinking earlier I was liking the new way of applying payments as you can manually type the invoice number and it loads all the details you need - which is a nice feature.

But what I didnt realise until having used the system was that

A, you can pay the account twice!!!! - Pay it twice WTF!

B, you cant see where you made this mistake of paying an account twice!

Now if you are writing a software at least these error checking should be in place so things like this dont happen!

I have however purhcased the premium support and requested a call to go through all of this.

The software is used for MY BUSINESS and I Need MY BUSINESS to work correctly for my clients.

So if a few calls can resolve these issues then so be it.

I cant go on with using something that doesnt work correct.

Its not right and NCH needs to be paying attention to this NOW.

Mick

Darn, I just installed 3.26!

If the software is going that far downhill it's starting to make sense why they don't keep the version change details up to date, and haven't done so since around V.2.08.

Maybe I'll trust my Kaspersky software from now on when it tells me not to install this software, instead of pausing my protections so that I can install it!

If you take one of your old unpaid invoices and save as a draft, then 'record' you end up with two different invoice numbers for the same invoice. One of which appears is your unpaid records list and the original one which does not appear there even though it should.

Time to search for a new, user friendly accounting software package, with a good support base I think!

Good luck Mick and Graham if you're sticking with NCH and Express Accounts.

:angry::angry::( :(

I can only hope that with a little effort with the programming team Express Account could be a very good package...

I hope...

:huh:

If you take one of your old unpaid invoices and save as a draft, then 'record' you end up with two different invoice numbers for the same invoice. One of which appears is your unpaid records list and the original one which does not appear there even though it should.

Time to search for a new, user friendly accounting software package, with a good support base I think!

Good luck Mick and Graham if you're sticking with NCH and Express Accounts.