Unable to load some .dct files

darla2222

Each day when I am downloading dictations, there are always 3 or 4 files that I am unable to load. A box pops up with the statement "Unable to load .dct file because file version not supported. Please download latest version of software." I do have the latest version of ES 5.00 downloaded. I ask the sender to resend the dictations that will not load, and when I try to load the resent ones all but one will load at that point. So, basically each day I have 1 dictation that will not load even if it is resent more than once. The same message as before pops up each time. The person loading the dictations can hear it on their end. This is becoming a major time issue and forcing the doctor to redictate at least 1 patient per day x 2 doctors is at least 2 patients per day that I do not have a note for. Anyone have any ideas?

Also of note, I have tried uninstalling 5.00 and reinstalling again to no avail.

Thanks for any help!

A box pops up with the statement "Unable to load .dct file because file version not supported. Please download latest version of software."

Are all your DCT files coming from the same dictator?

What software package(s) is / are being used to create the files?

Do you have a sample file that you can't load that you'd be willing to upload to NCH for testing?

Are all your DCT files coming from the same dictator? I am receiving DCT files from 2 different dictators and have issues with both of them.

What software package(s) is / are being used to create the files? The dictators use Express Dictate version 5.12 to create the files.

Do you have a sample file that you can't load that you'd be willing to upload to NCH for testing? I do have a sample that I am unable to load into my player - how do I upload that for you?