Windows 7

jaycies

Please give more information.

What version of Express Scribe have you got?

Version 4.37

What foot pedals?

I have the ones listed on your site and have used them for 8 years.

Are you having trouble configuring the pedals, or using them?

I cannot get Windows 7 to acknowledge they are there. So I'm unable to initiate anything using the Foot Pedal Wizard.

I took installed Windows 7 64 bit and am having problems with my foot pedal. I downloaded Express Scribe 5.0 and am using a compatible foot pedal, VEC Infinity IN-USB, but I have to run the controller setup wizard each time in order for Express Scribe to recognize my foot pedal. Also, I do not use tap lock, but at times it locks anyway. I have checked and unchecked the box, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but this has not resolved either issue.

Today when I went to use Express Scribe, I find that the audio did not start in the location where it left off which it has always done in the past. I will bookmark something if I want to return to a particular location, but generally I don't bookmark when I stopped at the end of the day and have never had any problem with Express Scribe picking back up where it left off.

I would appreciate any suggestions or fixes, temporary or permanent, as I use Express Scribe every single day. I can provide any other information you may need.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kathy

I have to run the controller setup wizard each time in order for Express Scribe to recognize my foot pedal.

Do you plug the pedals directly into a USB port on the computer, or through a USB hub or extension?

Do you leave your pedals plugged in all the time?

Also, I do not use tap lock, but at times it locks anyway.

Seems this issue wasn't fixed in v5.00 like I thought it was.

Today when I went to use Express Scribe, I find that the audio did not start in the location where it left off which it has always done in the past.

As mentioned in the v5.00 release notes: "NOTE: Cached playback positions will be reset if upgrading from an earlier version."

I would appreciate any suggestions or fixes, temporary or permanent, as I use Express Scribe every single day.

This is probably overkill, but you could try Windows XP Mode?

I can provide any other information you may need.

Could you post your computer specifications? (CPU, RAM, etc.)

Also, are you using the default setting for Options -> "Disk Usage" -> "Data Folder"?

Do you plug the pedals directly into a USB port on the computer, or through a USB hub or extension?

** USB hub and directly into the USB port depending on where I'm working with my laptop. Can't say for sure, but this it is very likely this is when the problem of needing to run the foot pedal wizard occurs. I did the same thing with Express Scribe and Vista and had no problem, but I will pay closer attention to this and follow up on it if you would like.

Do you leave your pedals plugged in all the time?

** No, I don't leave the pedal plugged in all the time as I worked with a laptop, but it recognized it today w/out running the wizard.

Seems this issue wasn't fixed in v5.00 like I thought it was.

** I think it's called "life!! :-)

As mentioned in the v5.00 release notes: "NOTE: Cached playback positions will be reset if upgrading from an earlier version."

** Sorry but I'm not sure what this part means. When it didn't hold my place in the audio, I had not upgraded (I don't think as I'm continuing to download programs to run with Windows 7). I'll watch and see if it happens again and let you know if it does.

This is probably overkill, but you could try Windows XP Mode?

** This part I'm not sure I can do. I ran the tool to see if my computer was compatible for the virtual PC, and it is not, but I lost my Internet connection before I read further. I will continue to explore this option if needed. Thank you for pointing me in that direction.

Could you post your computer specifications? (CPU, RAM, etc.)

** Computer specs:

HP Pavilion dv3500 notebook PC

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU P7350@2.00GHz

4.0 GB of RAM

Also, are you using the default setting for Options -> "Disk Usage" -> "Data Folder"?

** Yes, I'm using the default settings outlined above.

** Sorry for the delay in responding as I very much appreciate your quick response. I will be glad to monitor my computer for the things mentioned above and am happy to follow up with you or provide any other information you may need. I love Express Scribe and have recommended it to many court reporters as it's an excellent product!!!!

Thank you again for all of your assistance!

Kduda

USB hub and directly into the USB port depending on where I'm working with my laptop. Can't say for sure, but this it is very likely this is when the problem of needing to run the foot pedal wizard occurs.

When you configure a USB controller, Scribe remembers which USB port it was plugged into. If you switch to a different port then you'll need to run the wizard again. (I think versions up to and including v4.35 were a bit more forgiving.)

When you configure a USB controller, Scribe remembers which USB port it was plugged into. If you switch to a different port then you'll need to run the wizard again. (I think versions up to and including v4.35 were a bit more forgiving.)

Well, at least I understand now what's going on, and with the new little icon in the bottom right-hand corner, that's a quick easy fix that I certainly can live with. I'm embarrassed that I didn't even think about going from a hub to a different port.

Thank you again for your great support!!