Forum info about versions is way out of date

Kreelor

Pinned Switch Download Links and FAQ/Support Pages

The link (above) tells us that the latest version of "Switch" available for downloading is version 1.12. The info at that link was posted January 15, 2007. Today is October 1, 2009!

"Einstein" Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:59 PM:

---------------------------

"You can download Switch from:

http://ftp.audiochan...ware/switch.zip (PC - latest is 1.12)"

My current version of Switch is version 2.01.

Somebody should double-check ALL forum 'Pinned' comments for accuracy. Otherwise, we users have no idea what is true and what isn't. Especially since ALL your various programs never specify the DOWNLOAD VERSION NUMBER (AND/OR DATE). (That's strange in itself, since almost everybody else in the world names their files to include version numbers). That merely leads to overwriting everything on our hard disk drives. It would be kind to consider us when naming your FTP download files.

And, while I'm on the subject of "versions," when I open one of my NCH (paid) applications, click on "Help", and then click on "Check to see if there's a newer version," it tells me "Yes! There is a newer version." But, after it takes me to the NCH web site, I find that it has only my current version available --- NOT a "newer version!"

Why?

Guest N.C.H a.n

Pinned Switch Download Links and FAQ/Support Pages

The link (above) tells us that the latest version of "Switch" available for downloading is version 1.12. The info at that link was posted January 15, 2007. Today is October 1, 2009!

"Einstein" Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:59 PM:

"You can download Switch from:

http://ftp.audiochan...ware/switch.zip (PC - latest is 1.12)"

My current version of Switch is version 2.01.

Somebody should double-check ALL forum 'Pinned' comments for accuracy. Otherwise, we users have no idea what is true and what isn't. Especially since ALL your various programs never specify the DOWNLOAD VERSION NUMBER (AND/OR DATE). (That's strange in itself, since almost everybody else in the world names their files to include version numbers). That merely leads to overwriting everything on our hard disk drives. It would be kind to consider us when naming your FTP download files.

And, while I'm on the subject of "versions," when I open one of my NCH (paid) applications, click on "Help", and then click on "Check to see if there's a newer version," it tells me "Yes! There is a newer version." But, after it takes me to the NCH web site, I find that it has only my current version available --- NOT a "newer version!"

Why?

Hi,

Yes the versions page hasn't been updated yet. If you click the download link you will get the latest version.

Thanks for your comment, but you missed answering my last question:

"And, while I'm on the subject of "versions," when I open one of my NCH (paid) applications, click on "Help", and then click on "Check to see if there's a newer version," it tells me "Yes! There is a newer version." But, after it takes me to the NCH web site, I find that it has only my current version available --- NOT a "newer version!"

Why?"

It seems to me that there is either a newer version, or there isn't one? Why does it send us to your web site unnecessarily?