Foot Pedal Getting Faster--I am a technical idiot (long, sorry)

florascrap

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded Express Scribe this morning and have a voice file from my new doctor ready and waiting for me. I thought I set up the foot pedal, but when I click play the dictation is extremely fast and I can't get it to play at the normal rate of dictation. When I hit the F10 key, the dictation is at a wonderful speed, but any time I hit play on the foot pedal it's at lightning super warp speed. I looked on the technical support menu (F1) and there is a specific instruction for this:

When I press play on my foot pedal the audio gets faster and faster

Please run the Foot Pedal Control Setup Wizard from Settings - Control in Express Scribe.

Here's my problem...I don't even see a "Settings" option to find the Foot Pedal Control Setup Wizard. Where the heck is Settings? When I am in Express Scribe, across the top there are the following drop-down menu items: File, Control, View, Notes, Bookmark, Options, and Help. Underneath those, there are six buttons: Sync, Load, Dock, Scribe Mini, Options, and ToolBox.

I don't see SETTINGS anywhere, feel like a total idiot, and am very frustrated. I would love you forever and ever if you could tell me where Settings is. :)

Amy

When I hit the F10 key, the dictation is at a wonderful speed, but any time I hit play on the foot pedal it's at lightning super warp speed.

What value is the "Speed (x%)" slider in the bottom-right corner of the main window set to?

In Options -> Controller -> "Command map / test...", what command is mapped to the pedal you're pressing?

Where the heck is Settings?

Settings became Options a few versions ago, and not all of the documentation has been updated to reflect the change yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded Express Scribe this morning and have a voice file from my new doctor ready and waiting for me. I thought I set up the foot pedal, but when I click play the dictation is extremely fast and I can't get it to play at the normal rate of dictation. When I hit the F10 key, the dictation is at a wonderful speed, but any time I hit play on the foot pedal it's at lightning super warp speed. I looked on the technical support menu (F1) and there is a specific instruction for this:

When I press play on my foot pedal the audio gets faster and faster

Please run the Foot Pedal Control Setup Wizard from Settings - Control in Express Scribe.

Here's my problem...I don't even see a "Settings" option to find the Foot Pedal Control Setup Wizard. Where the heck is Settings? When I am in Express Scribe, across the top there are the following drop-down menu items: File, Control, View, Notes, Bookmark, Options, and Help. Underneath those, there are six buttons: Sync, Load, Dock, Scribe Mini, Options, and ToolBox.

I don't see SETTINGS anywhere, feel like a total idiot, and am very frustrated. I would love you forever and ever if you could tell me where Settings is. :)

Amy

Hi Amy - I am also new here and have just begun to use Express Scribe. I had the same thing happen, but thankfully all I had to do was close out of Express Scribe and then open it again and it was fine.

I am also having trouble finding Settings anywhere. My issue is that I want to set the auto backstep feature to rewind a bit when I take my foot of the foot pedal. Anywhere I have looked I have been instructed to go to "settings" under the file menu, which I do not have. I do not see any listing for this under the "options" tab either. If you get some answers, please post again -- you are not the only one "challenged" at this point!

~linda~