Trial not working?

npaisnel

OK, so I read the sticky, and it says this forum is not for contacting the product staff directly, and I did feel that this is possibly a question that may require their help, so I went to the Support pages and submitted a question there, only to see one of the options on the support question page is:

"Have you asked the question on the forum?'

so I thought that I ought to do that as well.

As far as I was aware, I had not used Golden Records before, but maybe I did try it in the past, anyway cant remember and want to try it again.

This is on a Mac (Leopard 10.5.7)

I downloaded the installer and dragged the app to the Applications folder.

But it won't run, it says my 14day trial has expired. This makes me think that I did try it in the past and there is still some remnants of the app there somewhere , some settings/text file still there.

I tried re installing and using AppCleaner to remove any further traces of the program but this does not find anything.

How do I completely remove the old version, so I can try the trial again?

Thanks

Neil

Guest nchcc
OK, so I read the sticky, and it says this forum is not for contacting the product staff directly, and I did feel that this is possibly a question that may require their help, so I went to the Support pages and submitted a question there, only to see one of the options on the support question page is:

"Have you asked the question on the forum?'

so I thought that I ought to do that as well.

As far as I was aware, I had not used Golden Records before, but maybe I did try it in the past, anyway cant remember and want to try it again.

This is on a Mac (Leopard 10.5.7)

I downloaded the installer and dragged the app to the Applications folder.

But it won't run, it says my 14day trial has expired. This makes me think that I did try it in the past and there is still some remnants of the app there somewhere , some settings/text file still there.

I tried re installing and using AppCleaner to remove any further traces of the program but this does not find anything.

How do I completely remove the old version, so I can try the trial again?

Thanks

Neil

Applications will leave behind preference files, and sometimes application support files, neither

of which are stored in application bundles. Preference files can be safely deleted, but they usually take up

negligible disk space - and, if you decide to reinstall the application again later, keeping the preference file

means your settings will still be there. They are stored in the Preferences folder within your user's Library folder

(~/Library/Preferences), or may also be stored in the system-wide Library located at the root of the system volume

(/Library/Preferences/).

Also, third party uninstallers exist (like the one you mentioned) which will search for these preference files for you, the most notable of which is a program called

AppZapper or AppTrap. If it is saying that you need to purchase and the 14 day trial is over then all of the files within the

application have not been removed.

I would start by looking in your Library for preference files first.

Also note that after reinstalling 3 times you get 0 days trial (14days - 5 - 5 - 5 = -1).

cheers

Also note that after reinstalling 3 times you get 0 days trial (14days - 5 - 5 - 5 = -1).

cheers

So that must mean that even after removing pref files etc, some files are still left behind. always thought Mac was not supposed to leave scrap files around after removing and app, not much better than windows after all.

I even tried using App Delete, that is supposed to remove files the apps leave behind, but that did not find the prefs files.

Will try to do a manual search, thanks

Neil