cant get switch to run correctly

Guest docg74

I had installed the Swith program and when trying to convert received the error that I needed the Sony plug-in. I installed the plug-in and the Swith program still does not work. I am trying to convert a .dvf file to mp3 and was hoping this program would work. Please advice as to how I may fix this problem here or by email (drg2b@yahoo.com). Thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem. If you get any replies to your email address can yo please publish them here? Thank you.

Coralie

I had installed the Swith program and when trying to convert received the error that I needed the Sony plug-in. I installed the plug-in and the Swith program still does not work. I am trying to convert a .dvf file to mp3 and was hoping this program would work. Please advice as to how I may fix this problem here or by email (drg2b@yahoo.com). Thanks

I'll assume you read the following statements from the readme file:

"This dedicated software enables the playback of compressed IC Recorder voice files (.DVF and .MSV) with the Windows™ Media Player application, version 6.4 or higher."

"NOTE: This utility is only for use with the products identified above and sold in the United States, Latin America, or Canada. Not all models are sold in all countries."

IF your recorder falls into the categories described above, then as the next step, please update your DirectX drivers.

www.windowsupdate.com

Check your DirectX version by going to Start -> Run -> type "dxdiag"

When the utility opens, you will see lots of information. Among that info, should be something saying "DirectX version". You need to have at least DirectX 9.0c.

I have downloaded and run 'DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime' and tried the Switch conversion again and I'm still getting the same message.

I'll assume you read the following statements from the readme file:

"This dedicated software enables the playback of compressed IC Recorder voice files (.DVF and .MSV) with the Windows™ Media Player application, version 6.4 or higher."

"NOTE: This utility is only for use with the products identified above and sold in the United States, Latin America, or Canada. Not all models are sold in all countries."

IF your recorder falls into the categories described above, then as the next step, please update your DirectX drivers.

www.windowsupdate.com

Check your DirectX version by going to Start -> Run -> type "dxdiag"

When the utility opens, you will see lots of information. Among that info, should be something saying "DirectX version". You need to have at least DirectX 9.0c.