Vista update drivers for foot pedal

whitehrl

:( I am in desperate, and I mean desperate, need of help!!! I have posted a bunch of messages on this board and some answers have been posted but none help me. I am having problems with my foot pedal since I upgraded to Vista. I was told (by technical support) that I need to upgrade my drivers to be compatible with Vista. BUT THEY NEVER SAID WHERE OR HOW TO GET THE DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone PLEASE help me??? I am frustrated - can you tell????? I don't want to purchase support because I'd almost rather put my money towards a new pedal (if I thought that would help, which was another unanswered question!!)

My error message when I plug my pedal in is USB Device Not Recognized. But on occasion I can get it recognized but it may quit in the middle of my file. Transcription is my income and I need my pedal!!!

Thanks, whitehrl

I feel your pain whitehrl,

i also make half my income doing transcriptions and i have yet to resolve my pedal problem. I'm on iMac though but Express Scribe does NOT recognize my usb pedal. Very very frustrating!

gigi

:( I am in desperate, and I mean desperate, need of help!!! I have posted a bunch of messages on this board and some answers have been posted but none help me. I am having problems with my foot pedal since I upgraded to Vista. I was told (by technical support) that I need to upgrade my drivers to be compatible with Vista. BUT THEY NEVER SAID WHERE OR HOW TO GET THE DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone PLEASE help me??? I am frustrated - can you tell????? I don't want to purchase support because I'd almost rather put my money towards a new pedal (if I thought that would help, which was another unanswered question!!)

My error message when I plug my pedal in is USB Device Not Recognized. But on occasion I can get it recognized but it may quit in the middle of my file. Transcription is my income and I need my pedal!!!

Thanks, whitehrl

• 2 months later...

Thanks, whitehrl

Try this:

Open express scribe (foot pedal can be plugged in or not.) It may say foot pedal not found - just click ok.

Go to options - Control.

Make sure the box next to "use foot pedal playback control" is checked.

Change the port to VEC infinity USB pedals

change number of pedals to 3.

Click on the Foot pedal control setup wizard.

it will tell you to press rewind, release rewind, press fastforward, release....etc.

Then click ok at the bottom.