Vista and pedal trouble

whitehrl

I am having a major issue with my pedal since upgrading to Vista. I get an error message USB Device Not Recognized. I have four USB ports, they all do the same thing, and I've tried other USB devices and it only happens with my pedal.

I did get a response about this but I'm trying to follow up and not getting an answer. I REALLY just want to know if I need to buy a new pedal or if this issue can be fixed. Can someone help me, PLEASE????? :angry:

• 2 months later...
I am having a major issue with my pedal since upgrading to Vista. I get an error message USB Device Not Recognized. I have four USB ports, they all do the same thing, and I've tried other USB devices and it only happens with my pedal.

I did get a response about this but I'm trying to follow up and not getting an answer. I REALLY just want to know if I need to buy a new pedal or if this issue can be fixed. Can someone help me, PLEASE????? :angry:

Try this:

Open express scribe (foot pedal can be plugged in or not.) It may say foot pedal not found - just click ok.

Go to options - Control.

Make sure the box next to "use foot pedal playback control" is checked.

Change the port to VEC infinity USB pedals

change number of pedals to 3.

Click on the Foot pedal control setup wizard.

it will tell you to press rewind, release rewind, press fastforward, release....etc.

Then click ok at the bottom.